In the coming months this tab is where you will find internal and external volunteer opportunities, organizations to get involved with, Staff Advancing Diversity & Inclusion (SADI) involvement, outreach programs, legislation information, and more!
Call for New SADI Leadership Committee & Subcommittee Members
We are seeking Duluth & Twin Cities Medical School Staff to join our SADI Leadership Committee & Subcommittees! Find out more about the Leadership Committee and Subcommittees by reading through our Missions and Current Initiatives. Additionally, please feel free to review the Charter which includes additional details about the committee structure and membership descriptions and expectations.
We welcome staff who are interested to submit a self-nomination with the following items:
- Why joining the Leadership Committee or a Subcommittee interests you;
- Description of what you have done to enhance your knowledge/skills related to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion and how you have demonstrated what you have learned
- Any specific skills or experience you could contribute to the Committee or Subcommittee (e.g. website/social media content development, event planning, facilitating sessions, etc.)
Please submit this information by Friday, October 7 at 5 p.m. for review by a nomination committee who will make recommendations to the SADI Committee for membership.
Medical School Staff Affinity Groups
The Staff Advancing Diversity & Inclusion (SADI) Recruitment, Development & Retention Subcommittee is in the process of establishing Medical School Staff Affinity Groups. The goal is to build community and supportive spaces across the Medical School for BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and other underrepresented and marginalized staff. IMPORTANT: At this time, the SADI Staff Affinity Groups will only be offered to Medical School Staff. See how we define "Staff".
We are looking for staff who would:
- Develop and establish SADI Staff Affinity Groups
- Facilitate/host a specific identity-focused affinity group
- Participate in SADI Staff Affinity Groups
Please complete the interest form below to indicate your interest in one or more of the options above.
If you have additional comments or questions, please feel free to add them in the comments section below or email Alejandra Watkins-Melgarejo.
If you're interested in getting involved with SADI, have questions, suggestions, or would like to collaborate, please reach out via email.
Complete the form below if you wish to be added to the SADI email communication list. You will receive direct communication and information regarding upcoming Connect & Learn Discussions, events, professional development opportunities, workshops and more! You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com.