What is PRESS?
PRESS is an annual event through which the Department of Pediatrics celebrates and showcases the depth and breadth of research and scholarly activities performed by Department trainees and sponsored by faculty members. PRESS uses a combination of oral and poster presentations to showcase these activities.
Virtual PRESS 2020
This year PRESS 2020 was held on a virtual platform on Friday, April 24th, 2020.
Presentation of Awards
This year 8 fantastic oral presentations were given and a record-breaking 82 virtual posters were presented! A big thank you to all of our conference organizers, judges, presenters and attendees for making this year's PRESS a wonderful event.
Congratulations to the following Oral Presentation Presenters!
- 1st Place and Margaret Kendrick Hostetter Award:
Ancil Abney, MD - "Implementation of the Eat, Sleep, Console protocol for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome at Masonic Children's Hospital"
- 2nd Place Award:
Sarah Swenson, MD, PhD and Dorothy Curran, MD - "A Quality Improvement Initiative to Reduce Chest Radiographs for Bronchiolitis"
- 3rd Place Award:
Asmaa Ferdjallah, MD - "The Role of Long Non-Coding RNA ANRIL in Chemosensitivity in Osteosarcoma and Clinical Outcomes"
Poster Session A:
- Pediatric Residents: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Awarded out of 23 Virtual Posters Presented in this Category
- Undergraduate, Graduate and Medical Students: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Awarded out of 23 Virtual Posters Presented in this Category
Poster Session B:
- Postdoctoral Fellows: 1st and 2nd Place Awarded out of 11 Virtual Posters Presented in this Category
- Pediatric Fellows: 1st and 2nd Place (3-way tie) Awarded out of 25 Virtual Posters Presented in this Category