Internal Grants Open for Applications
Pediatric Resource Grant
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Department of Pediatrics Research Council is pleased to announce a competitive funding mechanism to support access to resources not budgeted in existing or planned studies. Data obtained from the resource must be used to support a scholarship product that will bring recognition to the Department of Pediatrics, eg. publication, external grant proposal, patent, etc.
Child Health Collaborative Grant
Applications due by January 27, 2023
Improve health outcomes for Minnesota children and adolescents with support from the Child Health Collaborative Grant. Up to $100,000 will be awarded to support child health research partnerships among community and University of Minnesota researchers. The program is a partnership among the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), Children’s Minnesota, and the University of Minnesota’s Department of Pediatrics. Proposals accepted until January 27, 2023 at 5pm CST.
Progressive Grants Round 2: Stage 4
Proposals Due: Monday, February 20, 2023
The Progressive Grants support impactful and innovative ideas. The competition is organized into 4 Stages, with each subsequent Stage awarding progressively larger but fewer grants. Each Stage will also have progressively longer timelines for the completion of milestones. Milestones must be completed for consideration of funding at the next Stage.
Opportunities at the University
- COVID-19 Bridge Funding
- Office of Academic Clinical Affairs Funding Opportunities
- Office of the VP for Research Funding Opportunities
- UMN Internal Funding Opportunities
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute Funding Opportunities
- Masonic Cancer Center Internal Funding Opportunities
- Medical School Grants
- Institute for Engineering in Medicine
- UMF Grants
- UMN Technology Commercialization: Early Intervention Fund
Private Foundation RFPs in Children's Health
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation: 2023 Young Investigators Grant due 12/12/2022
- PLGA Tumor Research - Rolling deadline
- Fanconi Anemia Research Grant Award - Rolling deadline
- Foundation Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (FAST) - Rolling deadline
- Fraxa Reseach Foundation: Fragile X Research - Rolling deadline
- Neurofibromatosis Therapeutice Acceleration Program (NTAP) - Rolling deadline
- SynGAP Research Fund - Rolling deadline
Additional Open RFAs
Links to Funding Websites
- Pediatrics Embracing Diversity in Scholarship “PEDS” Award - Due Monday, August 22, 2022
- Cross-Divisional Grant - Due May 16, 2022
- Summer Pediatric Research "SUPER" Award - Due May 1, 2022
- Boston Scientific Innovators Fund - Due December 6, 2021
- New Team Science Grant in Children's Health Research - Due December 6, 2021
- Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research - Due October 18, 2021
- Pediatric Embracing Diversity in Scholarship "PEDS" Award - Due August 16, 2021
- Pediatric "R" Award - Due August 6, 2021
- Summer's Wish Pediatric Cardiology Innovators Fund - Due May 3, 2021
- Catalyst Grant for Children’s Mental Health - Due May 3, 2021
- Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant - Due November 9, 2020
- Progressive Grant Stage 3 - Due March 16, 2020
Departmental Support for Research Publication Costs
Applications are considered on a rolling basis - Support is limited to 1 paper per fiscal year (July 1- June 30) per faculty member who is a first or senior author.
Recognizing that the costs of publication have risen significantly, especially for open access journals whose fees are mandatory, the Department of Pediatrics is pleased to offer financial support to help offset research publication fees.