COVID-19 Updates and Notices
Department of Pediatrics Relief for Research Losses Due to COVID Shutdown
Request for Funding Due: Monday, March 1st, 2021
Recognizing the impact that the COVID pandemic has had on the research programs of Faculty, the Pediatric Research Council will be providing support to reimburse losses incurred by shutdown of labs and research units. Requests up to $30,000 will be considered. Please note to first consult with your Division head regarding accessible Division funds, and to ask for only what you need, so that we may be able to equitably distribute resources.
NOTICES FROM NIH
Internal Grants Open for Applications
Summer's Wish Pediatric Cardiology Innovators Fund
Proposals Due: Monday, May 3, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Summer's Wish award is to support high impact, breakthrough research that informs our understanding of pediatric heart disease, and the translational research crucial to the implementation of that work in the laboratory and clinic to improve outcomes for children who undergo heart transplantation.
Progressive Grants Round 2: Stage 2
Proposals Due: Monday, July 5th, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Progressive Grants support impactful and innovative ideas. The competition is organized into 4 Stages, with each subsequent Stage awarding progressively larger but fewer grants. Each Stage will also have progressively longer timelines for the completion of milestones. Milestones must be completed for consideration of funding at the next Stage.
Grant Submission Incentive Program
- A faculty member can receive one of these awards per year.
- The budget cannot be modular and should exceed $350,000 annual directs.
- The PI must be a full-time faculty member in the Medical School.
- Any PI who has an existing U or P grant with annual directs exceeding $350,000 can receive this award if they submit an R01.
- Up $5,000 can be applied to the salary of the PI.
- This program is not eligible to PIs transitioning from a K to an R award. This program does not apply to applications from people with a T award or an R21 who are applying for an R01 and this program does not apply to any PI who is applying for a R21.
- To be considered for this award we expect the PI’s will notify the Medical School Office of Research at the time of submission to be eligible.
Opportunities at the University
- Other Opportunities
- Application Period Closed
Private Foundation RFPs in Children's Health
- Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (Basic Science, Translational Research and Fellowship Grants) due 3/1/2021
- Foundation for Prader-Willi Research due 3/5/2021
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation: Pediatric Fellowship Award due 3/15/2021
- Thrasher Research Fund - Early Career Awards due 3/16/2021
- Cures Within Reach due 3/17/2021
- Alex's Lemonade Strand Foundation: Reach Grant due 3/22/2021
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative: Pediatric Networks for the Human Cell Altas due 3/30/2021
- Simons Foundation: Autism Research Bridge to Independence Award due 4/12/2021
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Neonatal Resuscitation Program Research Grant due 5/7/2021
- Pfizer Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship due 6/1/2021
Additional Open RFAs
Links to Funding Websites
Application Period Closed
- SUPER Award - Due February 22, 2021
- New Team Science Grant in Children's Health - Due January 11, 2021
- Boston Scientific Innovators Fund - Due November 16, 2020
- Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant - Due November 9, 2020
- Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research - Due October 12, 2020
- Pediatric 'R' Award - Due August 24, 2020
- Andrew David Sit Foundation Innovators Fund - Due June 8, 2020
- Pediatric Cancer Research Grants - Due June 4, 2020
- Progressive Grant Stage 3 - Due March 16, 2020
- Pediatric Embracing Diversity in Scholarship "PEDS" Award - Due August 19, 2019