COVID-19 Updates and Notices
NOTICES FROM NIH
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19
- Guidance for NIH-funded Clinical Trials and Human Subjects Studies Affected by COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources for Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
Child Health Collaborative - COVID-19 Rapid Response
Proposals Accepted through May 22, 2020 or until funds are expended: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Child Health COVID-19 Rapid Response Program seeks to support novel studies stemming from COVID-19 that affect child or adolescent health, with research teams including investigators from the University of Minnesota and Children's Minnesota. The Child Health Collaborative is a partnership between the University of Minnesota Department of Pediatrics, Children's Minnesota, and CTSI.
Learn more about proposal requirements in the Request for Applications. Research resources to inform proposals are available through CTSI's Community Engagement to Advance Research and Community Health and at email@example.com
COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant through the OVPR
The rapid response grants are available for University of Minnesota faculty to catalyze and energize small-scale research projects designed to address and mitigate the COVID-19 virus and its associated risks.
Internal Grants Open for Applications
Pediatric "R" Award
Proposals Due: Monday , August 24th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The Pediatric "R" Award provides support to faculty members with a primary appointment in the Department of Pediatrics who plan to submit an R01 application or pursue a similar national level funding opportunity.
Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research
Letter of Intent Due: Monday, September 7th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Proposals Due: Monday , October 12th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research support new or expanding interdisciplinary research in Children's Health that is innovative and has a high potential for future funding and discovery.
Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant
Proposals Due: Monday, November 9th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant is a competitive funding mechanism to facilitate cross-divisional collaborations with a clear metric toward a larger external grant, clinical trial, or other meaningful scholarship that will bring recognition to the Department of Pediatrics.
New Team Science Grant in Children's Health Research
Letter of Intent Due: Monday, December 9th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Proposals Due: Monday, January 11th, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The New Team Science Grant in Children's Health Research supports new interdisciplinary research in Children's Health that is innovative and has a high potential for future funding and discovery.
Progressive Grants Round 2: Stage 1
Proposals Due: Monday, February 1st, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Progressive Grants support impactful and innovative ideas. The competition is organized into 4 Stages, with each subsequent Stage awarding progressively larger but fewer grants. Each Stage will also have progressively longer timelines for the completion of milestones. Milestones must be completed for consideration of funding at the next Stage.
Opportunities at the University
- Other Opportunities
- Application Period Closed
Private Foundation RFPs in Children's Health (Facilitated Through SPA)
- Simons Foundation - Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) - LOI due 6/5/2020
- Foundation for Child Development: Young Scholars Program - LOI Due 6/30/2020
- A-T Children's Project: Ataxia-Telangiectasia Research Grants - LOI Due 7/1/2020
Additional Open RFAs
- Department of Defense - CDMRP Research Funding for 2020 - SEE PRESS RELEASE HERE
Links to Funding Websites
Application Period Closed
- Andrew David Sit Foundation Innovators Fund - Due June 8, 2020
- Pediatric Cancer Research Grants - Due June 4, 2020
- Pediatric "SUPER" Award - Due March 30, 2020
- Progressive Grant Stage 3 - Due March 16, 2020
- Boston Scientific Innovators Fund - Due October 7, 2019
- Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research - Due September 30, 2019
- Pediatric Cross-Divisional Grant - Due September 9, 2019
- Pediatric Embracing Diversity in Scholarship "PEDS" Award - Due August 19, 2019