COVID-19 Updates and Notices
RELIEF FOR RESEARCH LOSSES DUE TO COVID SHUTDOWN
Requests for Funding Due: Monday, December 14th, 2020
Recognizing the impact that the COVID pandemic has had on the research programs of Faculty, the Pediatric Research Council will be providing support to reimburse losses incurred by shutdown of labs and research units. Requests up to $30,000 will be considered. Please note to first consult with your Division head regarding accessible Division funds, and to ask for only what you need, so that we may be able to equitably distribute resources.
NOTICES FROM NIH
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19
- Guidance for NIH-funded Clinical Trials and Human Subjects Studies Affected by COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources for Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
Grant Submission Incentive Program
- A faculty member can receive one of these awards per year.
- The budget cannot be modular and should exceed $350,000 annual directs.
- The PI must be a full-time faculty member in the Medical School.
- Any PI who has an existing U or P grant with annual directs exceeding $350,000 can receive this award if they submit an R01.
- Up $5,000 can be applied to the salary of the PI.
- This program is not eligible to PIs transitioning from a K to an R award. This program does not apply to applications from people with a T award or an R21 who are applying for an R01 and this program does not apply to any PI who is applying for a R21.
- To be considered for this award we expect the PI’s will notify the Medical School Office of Research at the time of submission to be eligible.
Internal Grants Open for Applications
New Team Science Grant in Children's Health Research
Letter of Intent Due: Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Proposals Due: Monday, January 11th, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The New Team Science Grant in Children's Health Research supports new interdisciplinary research in Children's Health that is innovative and has a high potential for future funding and discovery.
Progressive Grants Round 2: Stage 1
Proposals Due: Monday, February 1st, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Progressive Grants support impactful and innovative ideas. The competition is organized into 4 Stages, with each subsequent Stage awarding progressively larger but fewer grants. Each Stage will also have progressively longer timelines for the completion of milestones. Milestones must be completed for consideration of funding at the next Stage.
Summer Pediatric Research "SUPER" Award
Proposals Due: Monday, February 22nd, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The Summer Pediatric Research "SUPER" Award is a funding mechanism to provide support for a summer internship program for students who are underrepresented in Pediatric Research. Up to five awards will be funded.
Opportunities at the University
- Other Opportunities
- Application Period Closed
Private Foundation RFPs in Children's Health
- CureSearch for Children's Cancer: Acceleration Initiative Award & Young Investigator Award due 11/30/2020
- Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation: Fellowship Program due 11/30/2020
- Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award: Pre-Proposal Applications due 12/13/2020
- Muscular Dystrophy Association - Discovery Research and Development Grants due 12/1/2020 (LOI)
- Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation due 12/16/2020
- Progeria Research Foundation due 1/4/2021
- Doris Duke Physician Scientist Fellowship Award due 1/5/2021
- Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation: Access to Care due 1/10/2021
- Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood LOI due 1/31/2021
- Fragile X Research Foundation: FRAXA Fellowship due 2/1/2021
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation: Pediatric Fellowship Award due 3/15/2021
Additional Open RFAs
- Department of Defense - CDMRP Research Funding for 2020 - SEE PRESS RELEASE HERE
Links to Funding Websites
Application Period Closed
- Boston Scientific Innovators Fund - Due November 16, 2020
- Pediatric Cross-Divsional Grant - Due November 9, 2020
- Masonic Cross-Departmental Grants in Children's Health Research - Due October 12, 2020
- Pediatric 'R' Award - Due August 24, 2020
- Andrew David Sit Foundation Innovators Fund - Due June 8, 2020
- Pediatric Cancer Research Grants - Due June 4, 2020
- Progressive Grant Stage 3 - Due March 16, 2020
- Pediatric Embracing Diversity in Scholarship "PEDS" Award - Due August 19, 2019