We are so excited to begin the long awaited application review! We, like all Residency Programs, will be working to complete our usual application review in a much shorter period of time this year. We will be actively reviewing as many applications as possible from October 21st through October 28th. We plan on extending interview invitations between October 28th and November 3rd. If you have not heard from our program by November 4th, please feel free to reach out to Pedsres@umn.edu to check on the status of your application. We wish you all the best on the next step of your careers!
The University of Minnesota Pediatric Residency Program
In support of local and national recommendations, the Department of Pediatrics is solely conducting virtual interviews for the 2021 residency and fellowship application cycle. Our programs will not grant in-person interviews or visits to our sites in order to minimize the health risks of traveling during this coronavirus pandemic and to limit disadvantaging any applicant to our programs.
- Application Process
- International Medical Graduates
The Pediatric Residency Program at the University of Minnesota participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We only accept applications through the ERAS process.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the status of an application, you must submit them in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications through ERAS must include:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked (We will review all letters that are submitted)
- Dean's letter
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Step I OR COMLEX scores are required for application review
Applicants chosen to interview with our program will be notified via email through ERAS.
Commitment to populations that are under-represented in medicine
Our program is committed to training exceptional pediatric residents from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
International Medical Graduates
Application criteria for our residency program for international medical graduates:
- ECFMG certification (including CSA exam results) must be complete by June 2021
- Completion of USMLE Steps I
- We do not have any minimum score requirements for USMLE or COMLEX exams, but we do not accept fail scores.
- Dean's letter from your medical school
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked
- Six weeks of U.S. clinical experience. An observership does not count towards this clinical requirement.
- We do not have requirements on your medical school completion date
- J-1 visa (through ECFMG) only
International Medical Graduates: Please contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for ERAS application materials and eligibility requirements. Write to:
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685