Interested in learning more about our program and having a chance to ask questions of our current residents? If so, be sure to check out our virtual open house sessions! We will be holding two open house events, one focused on the program in general, and the other focused on Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. To register for these events, please see the links below. We hope to see you there!
The Pediatric Residency Program at the University of Minnesota participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We only accept applications through the ERAS process.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the status of an application, you must submit them in writing to email@example.com
Completed applications through ERAS must include:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked (We will review all letters that are submitted)
- Dean's letter
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Step I OR COMLEX scores are required for application review
Applicants chosen to interview with our program will be notified via email through ERAS.
Commitment to populations that are under-represented in medicine
Our program is committed to training exceptional pediatric residents from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, gender, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
Application criteria for our residency program for international medical graduates:
- ECFMG certification (including CSA exam results) must be complete by June 2023
- Completion of USMLE Steps I
- We do not have any minimum score requirements for USMLE or COMLEX exams.
- Dean's letter from your medical school
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked
- Four weeks of U.S. clinical experience. An observership does not count towards this clinical requirement.
- We do not have requirements on your medical school completion date
- We will work with each individual on what their visa needs might be while training in our program.
International Medical Graduates: Please contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for ERAS application materials and eligibility requirements. Write to:
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685
Word for Prospective Residents
Advice for Virtual Interviewing
Variety is what's great about the UofM Pediatric Residency Program. Training in multiple settings is a huge strength that better prepared you for any career in pediatrics.
Jon KenKnight, MD, Alumni