The Division of Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine offers a 3-year, ACGME-accredited Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship Program.
We appreciate your interest in the University of Minnesota's Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship Program and look forward to reviewing your application. Our program participates in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) and will accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Please contact the Program Director, Dr. Bill Gershan (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions not answered here on the webpage.
- Eligible candidates must have an MD or DO degree and must have completed a 3-year, ACGME-accredited Pediatric Residency Training Program prior to the start of fellowship training.
- Applicants must be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of award. Individuals who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence must be in possession of a currently valid Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551, otherwise known as a Green card), or must be in possession of other legal verification of such status.
- Curriculum Vitae, personal statement, and 3 letters of recommendation (from residency training or later) are required.
- Fellows who are not a citizen or non-citizen national of the United States would be required to provide their own funding.
- For fellowships beginning in July 2021, applications should be submitted through ERAS. All applications must be complete by October 30 for participation in the NRMP Pediatric Subspecialties Fall Match. This year all interviews will be conducted virtually.
The University of Minnesota demonstrates a commitment to leveraging the transformative power of equity and diversity to advance excellence in teaching, learning and community engagement. Applications from individuals who self-identify as members of underrepresented groups are particularly welcome.
- Important Dates
- Program begins receiving applications through ERAS July 15
- Interviews begin August
- Deadline for submission of application materials through ERAS October 30
- Last day of interviews November 30
- Match occurs in December
- Open positions subsequent to the Match would be considered for those completed applications received by March 1 and interviews completed by March 15.
Daniel Beisang, MD, PhD
Pediatric Pulmonology Fellow
Graduated June 30, 2020
Dan completed his MD/PhD training at the University of Minnesota and continued his training in Pediatrics residency at the University of Minnesota via the accelerated research pathway. He completed his fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonology with research in Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Biology in the setting of lung disease. He continues his passion for research here at the University of Minnesota as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics.