Work in Pediatrics!
Led by Department Head, Dr. Joseph Neglia, MD, MPH; the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota Medical School strives to improve the lives of children in our community, nation, and world through education, research, service, and advocacy.
Education: With over twenty-five training programs across a myriad of specialties and professions, we are committed to comprehensive and interdisciplinary training for our students, interns, residents, and fellows. Taught by faculty across a rich and diverse pediatric culture, the success of our learners is among our highest priorities.
Research: Our research builds on more than 100 years of pioneering breakthroughs, including the first successful pediatric blood and marrow transplant, the first infant heart transplant in Minnesota, and the first pediatric cochlear ear implant surgery. We rank eighth in funding from the National Institutes of Health among departments of pediatrics—underscoring our role as a leader in children's health.
Patient Care: Through teamwork and collaboration, we respectfully address the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of pediatric patients and their families. Our compassionate, innovative approach repeatedly receives national recognition.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are seeking to enrich the diversity of our workplace community. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our pursuit of excellence and we encourage applications from varying and intersecting identities reflective of our communities — including people of color, indigenous people, people from working class backgrounds, and LGBTQ+ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. Learn more about our values, commitments, and resources in our department, the medical school, and at the U of MN.
All positions are located within the Twin Cities unless otherwise stated. Most positions will state whether it is work from campus, work from home, or hybrid (combination of both).
To view open positions & apply
- Visit our U of MN job site, select your status (External Candidate, Student, or U of M Employee)
- Search for “PEDS” in the search bar once you are on the job search page
- Use the filters on the left side as needed to personalize your search. In general:
- Faculty, Grad Assistant, and Post-Doctoral positions will be in filter “Academic”
- Bench research positions will be in “Research - Researchers”
- Clinical research positions will be in “Research - Support”
- Administrative staff positions will be in “Administration - General”, “Finance”, “LR-Clerical”
If you already have a 6-digit Job ID for an open position in U of MN:
- Ways to apply for external applicants:
- Select the link to access our U of MN careers site using this link and add the job ID. https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/(enter job ID)
- For example: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/######
- Sign in to access your account, or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
- Ways to apply for internal applicants:
- If you are a current employee of our organization please use the following link instead: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/int/(enter job ID from table below)
- For example: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/int/######
- Go to your MyU portal > Campus Info> Job Openings - Faculty/Staff or Job Openings - Student. A search window will show up where you are able to populate the Job ID or search for openings using “PEDS”.