Awards & Funding Opportunities
The Department of Pediatrics has a long tradition of honoring faculty and learners who exemplify excellence in teaching, research, and service. All nominations are evaluated by the Department of Pediatrics' Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Council.
Excellence in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Faculty Recognition Award
Awarded annually to the individual who demonstrates exemplary leadership and efforts to support and create a diverse and inclusive workplace, along with an educational environment where our learners can understand the needs of diverse individuals, patients, families and populations, including work in health care disparities or with underserved populations. Recipients may demonstrate this commitment across a wide range of activities including: efforts to support recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and/or trainees; teaching and/or research that expand our understanding of equity and inclusiveness; creation/promotion of multicultural programing; community outreach initiatives; or other activities in the area of equity, diversity and inclusion. This award is one of many Faculty Recognition Awards presented at the annual Julie Ross Faculty Recognition Event. See Award Recipients
Want to nominate a colleague?
Nominations will be solicited annually in the fall, and may also be submitted to Cathy Bendel, Vice Chair for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
Summer Pediatric Research Education (SUPER) Award
The Department of Pediatrics Research Council and the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Council are proud to provide support for students from an underrepresented or disadvantaged group to have a summer Pediatrics research experience.
- Each SUPER award is for $2,000 to pay for the student's stipend and/or research expenses.
- The Department will fund up to 5 awards each Summer.
- Applications will be due annually in February.
Pediatrics Embracing Diversity in Scholarship (PEDS) Award
The Department of Pediatrics is committed to supporting the career development of faculty who are from backgrounds that are currently under-represented (URM) in our department. The goal of the PEDS award is to provide funding opportunities for URM faculty to encourage career development and to assist in recruiting under-represented faculty to Pediatrics.
- Each PEDS award is for $50,000 ($25,000/yr for 2 years)
- The Department will fund one award every other year through a competitive, peer-reviewed selection process to an investigator whose project shows significant promise, is innovative and has the greatest potential for improving children’s lives. All pediatric topic areas are welcome.
- Applications will be due in August of odd years