The mission of the Department of Pediatrics' Clinical Research Services program is to support the University's research mission by providing excellent assistance to faculty investigators conducting medical research in neonates, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
We accomplish our mission by 1) developing competent professionals specialized in pediatric clinical research, 2) creating effective and efficient pathways for conducting compliant clinical research, and 3) fostering a participant-centric research culture.
The current scope of the Clinical Research Services program is within the Department of Pediatrics. We provide ad hoc support as requested to investigators housed in other Departments as well. Our goal is to partner with other research entities and expand a comprehensive service model to any investigator conducting clinical research in children.
Our Clinical Research Services
- Support from pediatric-trained research professionals
- Study feasibility and activation support
- Study management and coordination
- Subject recruitment and management
- Regulatory submissions and management
- Data collection and management
- Specimen collection and management
- Database development
Pediatric Grand Rounds
Pediatric Clinical Trials Training Series
Click any of the following links to view and/or download video presentations and slides from our training series.
- AE & SAE Tracking in Pediatric Trials – 9-18-18
- Project Mangement in Clinical Research - 4-26-19
- Regulations & Ethics of Conducting Research in Children - 2-1-19
- Regulatory Management - 3-27-19
- Study Start-Up - Workflows & Expectations - 5-22-19