- Wednesday, April 28th - Conference hosted by the Med-Peds Nephrology and Rheumatology with guest speaker Dr. Sharon Chung, MD, MAS.
- Received the Distinguished Women in Medicine and Science Visiting Scholar Award from Center for Women in Medicine and Science (CWIMS) for guest speaker Dr. Sharon Chung, MD, virtual visit to the University of Minnesota in April 2021.
- Patrick Nachman, MD was elected council member of American Society of Nephrology (ASN). His four year term begins January 2021 through December 2024.
- Kelsey Guidarelli, RN, BSN joins the division as Dialysis Access Care Coordinator.
New Publication: Samy Riad, MD, et al. Primary pediatric deceased-donor kidney transplant recipients outcomes by immunosuppression induction received in the United States. Pediatric Transplantation.
New Publication: Samy Riad, MD, et al. Primary pediatric live-donor-kidney transplant recipients outcomes by immunosuppression induction received in the United States. Pediatric Transplantation.
Michelle Lhotka, PA-C joins the division as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) for general nephrology.
- New Publication: Paul Drawz, MD, et al. Acute Kidney Injury following Enhanced Recovery after Surgery in Patients Undergoing Radical Cystectomy. Journal of Urology.
- New Publication: Paul Drawz, MD, Agarwal A, Dwyer JP, et al. Concordance Between Blood Pressure in the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial and in Routine Clinical Practice. JAMA Internal Medicine.
- Nayanjot Rai, MPH, BDS, joins the division as Program Manager/Research Professional to support Paul Drawz, MD research efforts.
- Transplant Nephrology fellow Muhammad Aljuhani, MD joins the division.
- Transplant Nephrology fellow Abrar Khan, MD graduates.
- New Publication: Patrick Nachman, MD, et al. Rituximab as therapy to induce remission after relapse in ANCA-associated vasculitis. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
- New Glomerular Diseases and Vasculitis Fellowship Program begins with fellow Prasanth Ravipati, MD under the supervision of Program Director Patrick Nachman, MD. This fellowship offers specialized training in autoimmune diseases affecting the kidney and other forms of glomerular diseases.
- Nephrology fellows Kate Hellie (1st year), Salman Mahmood (1st year), and Deepthi Malepati (2nd year) join the division.
- New Publication: Siu Chiu Chan, PhD and Peter Igarashi, MD, et al. Role of transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-1β in polycystic kidney disease. Cell Signal.
- Rasha El-Rifai, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Transplant Nephrologist joins the division. Research interests include: recurrent glomerulonephritis post transplant and APO-L1 in kidney transplant.
- Adam Bregman, MD, MBA, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Transplant Nephrologist joins the division. Research interests include: Donor specific antibody formation and evolution and Kidney transplant outcomes.
- Fellows Dan Murphy, MD and Prasanth Ravipati, MD graduate from the Nephrology fellowship.
Mark Rosenberg, MD received the 2020 President’s Award for Outstanding Service.
New Publication: Samy Riad, MD, et al. Enteric Conversion of Bladder-drained Pancreas as a Predictor of Outcomes in Almost 600 Recipients at a Single Center. Transplant Direct.
New Publication: Karam Aboudehen, PhD, Regulation of mTOR signaling by long non-coding RNA. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. Gene Regulatory Mechanisms.
New Publication: Peter Igarashi, MD and Karam Aboudehen, PhD, et al. Interstitial microRNA miR-214 attenuates inflammation and polycystic kidney disease progression. JCI Insight.
New Publication: Lama Ghazi, PhD and Paul Drawz, MD, et al. Association of 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Patterns with Cognitive Function and Physical Functioning in CKD. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
March 4th at 6:00 pm Med-Peds Nephrology Grand Rounds with guest speaker Dr. Laura Mariani from the University of Michigan. Dr. Mariani received the Distinguished Women in Medicine and Science Visiting Scholar Award from Center for Women in Medicine and Science (CWIMS).
New Publication: Patrick Nachman, MD, et al. Persistent Disease Activity in Patients With Long-Standing Glomerular Disease. Kidney International Reports.
New Publication: Patrick Nachman, MD, et al. Serum Albumin at Partial Remission Predicts Outcomes in Membranous Nephropathy. Kidney International Reports.
Mirna Boumitri, MD was announced the new Clinical Director for the Division of Nephrology and Hypertension.
Siu Chiu Chan, PhD joins the division. Dr. Chan’s research focus is to understand the molecular mechanisms regulated by the kidney master transcription factor, HNF1B, during disease development.
New Publication: Samy Riad, MD, et al. Induction type and outcomes for kidney graft and patient survival in recipients with prior lung transplantation in the United States. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation.
2020 Top Doctors: Sarah Elfering, MD, Scott Reule, MD, and Katti Woerner, MD were honored as “2020 Top Doctors: Rising Stars” by Mpls.St. Paul Magazine. They have been recognized for significant achievements in the first decade of their profession.
New Clinic: The Genetic Kidney Disease Clinic opens at M Health Fairview Discovery Specialty Clinic with Nephrologists: Sarah Elfering, MD, Cliff Kashtan, MDPatrick Nachman, MD, Michelle Rheault MD, Yoav Segal, MD, PhD, and Ladan Zand, MD.
New Publication: Peter Igarashi, MD, et al. Innate Immune Signaling Contributes to Tubular Cell Senescence in the Glis2 Knockout Mouse Model of Nephronophthisis. American Journal of Pathology.
New Publication: Patrick Nachman, MD, et al. Neutralizing Anti-Rituximab Antibodies and Relapse in Membranous Nephropathy Treated With Rituximab. Frontiers in Immunology.
New Publication: Lama Ghazi, PhD and Paul Drawz, MD, et al. Role of Inflammatory Biomarkers in the Prevalence and Incidence of Hypertension Among HIV-Positive Participants in the START Trial. American Journal of Hypertension.
- Nephrology Clinical Conference & Journal Club 12:00 - 1:00 pm (weekly)
- Nephrology Didactics 7:30 - 8:30 am (weekly)
- Kidney Pathology Conference 12:00 - 1:00 pm (monthly, 2nd Wednesday)
- Med-Peds Nephrology Grand Rounds 5:00 - 6:30 pm (semi-annual)
- Nephrology Grand Rounds 8:00 - 9:00 am (weekly)
- Nephrology Grand Rounds 8:00 - 9:00 am (weekly)
- Transplant Pathology Conference 12:00-1:00pm (2nd & 4th Friday)
- Transplant Journal Club 1:00-2:00pm (monthly, 4th Friday)