Global Medicine offers a number of online courses for physicians and healthcare providers to improve patient care for globally mobile populations including immigrants, refugees, and travelers, as well as to gain expertise in the diagnosis and treatments of tropical infectious and noninfectious diseases.
You can complete all of our online courses at your own pace. Global Medicine courses are asynchronous - meaning you don’t have to attend online classes at a specific time. Our courses are developed by faculty and technologists who understand the specific needs of learners in an online environment. We continue to integrate new technologies into our courses to support our online learners.
Clinical Tropical Medicine & Online Global Health Curriculum
Our flagship is the Clinical Tropical Medicine & Online Global Health Curriculum (formerly "the Global Health Course"). This curriculum features a series of seven self-directed courses with content ranging from immigrant and refugee health and disaster management to parasitic, viral, and bacterial infections to travel medicine.
The courses can be completed at any time and at your own pace. You can register for all courses together or for one or more individual courses at a time.
Each of the seven courses is eligible for the American Medical Association (AMA) Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 Credit™ and Continuing Education Units.
- Tropical Dermatology: A Syndrome-Based Approach
- ASTMH CTropMed® Online Exam Review
- Travel and Tropical Medicine for the Infectious Disease Specialist
- Honoring Choices Across Cultures (free)
- Pediatrics Global Health
- Introduction to Medical Interpreting (free)
- Our Family Medicine course is currently unavailable, pending updates. Please send us a message to be notified when the updated course is available.