- MD degree or international equivalent
- ECFMG Certification
- Passing score on USMLE Steps 1 & 2 within 3 attempts
- Born outside the United States
- Now resides permanently in the United States as a citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Has resided in Minnesota for at least 2 years by time of application
- Did not enter the United States on a J1 or similar nonimmigrant visa following acceptance into a United States medical residency or fellowship program.
To learn more and begin the application process, visit the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the training environment, the 2020 BRIIDGE cycle has been postponed, and applications will not be accepted for 2021. Applications for the 2022 cycle will be due in Spring of 2021.
Current participants can find the program manual here.
L to R: top: Emily Langerak, Jaya Durvasula, MD, Hope Pogemiller, MD, Mike Westerhaus, MD, Bukhari Burale, MD, Chris Miller
bottom: Ahmad Al-Anii, MD, Mahmoud Alatbee, MD, Salahudin Maalim, MD, Pat Walker, MD