Vice Dean of Education and Academic Affairs
Professor of Medicine
BioMark Rosenberg is a nephrologist, Professor of Medicine, and Vice Dean for Education at the University of Minnesota Medical School. In this role he oversees the continuum of medical education. His leadership promotes innovation of teaching methods and continuity of curriculum from pre-med and undergraduate through graduate and continuing medical education.Before assuming the role in Fall 2012, Rosenberg served as chief of medicine and director of the Primary and Specialty Medicine service line at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System. Prior to this, he was director of the Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension in the Department of Medicine, where he remains a faculty member.Dr. Rosenberg serves on the Council of the American Society of Nephrology and will be President of this organization in 2019. He also serves as Chair of the Education Committee.
Clinical Activities Inpatient ICU and Consultative Nephrology
Awards & Recognition
- Academy for Excellence in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Honoree Faculty members inducted into the Academy have demonstrated exceptional scholarly contributions to advance learning in their schools and across academic programs at the University of Minnesota. (2016)
- Eric G. Neilson, M.D., Distinguished Professor Award from the Association of Specialty Professors for his outstanding leadership in the area of specialty medicine (2013)
- Robert G. Narins Award from the American Society of Nephrology for his contributions to nephrology, education, and teaching (2013)
- Rosenberg ME: Adult Nephrology Fellowship Education in the United States: Trends and Issues J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1027-33, 2007
- Woods M, Anderson L, Rosenberg ME: Inspiring innovation in medical education. Minn Med 97:47-48, 2014 (PMID 25282772)
- Kimmel PL and Rosenberg ME, eds: Chronic Renal Disease. Academic Press, San Diego CA, 2015
- Rosenberg ME: It takes a spark to light a fire: kindling interest in nephrology careers. J Am Soc Nephrol 25: 1885-87, 2014 (PMID 24876112)
- Rosenberg ME, Dvergsten J, Correa-Rotter R: Clusterin: an enigmatic protein recruited by diverse stimuli. J Lab Clin Med 121:205-214, 1993.
- Dvergsten J, Manivel JC, Correa-Rotter R, Rosenberg ME: Expression of clusterin in human renal disease. Kidney Int 45:828-835, 1994.
- Silkensen JR, Skubitz KM, Skubitz APN, Chmielewski D, Manivel JC, Dvergsten J, Rosenberg ME. Clusterin promotes the aggregation and adhesion of renal porcine epithelial cells. J Clin Invest 96:2646-2653, 1995.
- Rosenberg ME, Gupta S: Kidney stem cells: where do we go from here? J Am Soc Nephrol 18:3017-3022, 2007
- Rosenberg ME, Girton R, Finkel D, Chmielewski D, Barrie III A, Witte D, Zhu G, Bissler, JJ, Harmony JAK, and Aronow B: Apolipoprotein J/clusterin prevents a progressive glomerulopathy of aging. Mol Cell Biol 22: 1893-1902, 2002
Teaching SummaryContinuum of Medical Education; Nephrology Fellowship Training
Clinical SummaryChronic Kidney Disease; Hypertension; Fluid and electrolyte disorders
Residency, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Medical School, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Rosenberg, M. E., (Keynote/Plenary Speaker) "Kidney Medicine 2020: Seize the Moment", Mid-Atlantic Young Investigators Forum, National Kidney Foundation, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. February 25, 2020.
Rosenberg, M. E. "Winning the War on Kidney Diseases: The Time is Now", Medicine Grand Rounds, Minneapolis VA Health Care System , Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States. February 21, 2020.
AddressMMC 293, Mayo B665
420 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455