William Robiner, PhD, ABPP, LP
Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine
Fellowship, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Health Psychology
- Mood Disorders/Depression
- Obesity/weight loss
- Psychological Aspects of Medical And Neurological Illnesses
- Psychotherapy/Stress Management
- Professional Issues/Workforce
Awards & Recognition
- Clinical Trials
- Professional Development
- Professional Regulation (i.e., licensure)
- Psychology and Mental Health Workforce
- Kirsch, J. D., Duran, A., Kaizer, A. M., Thompson Buum, H., Robiner, W. N., & Weber-Main, A. M. (2018). Career-focused mentoring for early-career clinician educators in academic general internal medicine. The American Journal of Medicine, 131, 1387-1394. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2018.07.028.
- Yadav, K., Vock, D. M., Matas, A. J., Robiner, W. N., Nevins, T. E. (2018). Medication adherence is associated with an increased risk of cancer in kidney transplant recipients: a cohort study Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation. doi: 10.1093/ndt/gfy210
- Ward, W., Zagoloff, A., Rieck, C., & Robiner, W. N. (2018). Interprofessional education: Opportunities and challenges for psychology. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 25, 250-266. doi: 10.1007/s10880-017-9538-3 [By invitation]
- Hong, B. A., & Robiner, W. N. (2016). Psychologists in academic health centers and medical centers: Being visible, relevant and integral. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 23, 11-20.
Robiner, W. N., Flaherty, N., Fossum, T. A, & Nevins, T. E. (2015). Desirability and feasibility of wireless electronic monitoring of medications in clinical trials. Translational Behavioral Medicine: Practice, Policy and Research, 5,285-293
- Robiner, W. N., Dixon, K. E., Miner, J. L., & Hong, B. A. (2014). Psychologists in medical schools and academic health centers: Over 100 years of growth, influence, and partnership. American Psychologist.
- Robiner, W. N., Tumlin, T. R., & Tompkins, T. L. (2013). Psychologists and Medications in the Era of Interprofessional Care: Collaboration is Less Problematic and Costly Than Prescribing. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice.
- Finkelstein, S. M., Lindgren, B. R., Robiner, W. N., Lindquist, R., Hertz, M., Carlin, B. P., & VanWormer, A. (2013). A randomized controlled trial comparing health and quality of life of lung transplant recipients following manual nurse and computer-based triage utilizing home spirometry monitoring. Telemedicine and e-Health, 19,
- Robiner, W. N., Strand, T.D., Maurer, M. & the Renin Angiotensin System Study (RASS) Group. (2013). Adherence and renal biopsy feasibility in the Renin Angiotensin-System Study (RASS) Primary Prevention Diabetes Trial. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 102, 25-34. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2013.06.004.
- Robiner, W. N., Lazear, S. M., & Duffy, B. L. (2013). Promoting health behaviors in medical education. The Clinical Teacher, 10, 160-164. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1743-498X.2012.00637.x
- Foran-Tuller, K., Robiner, W. N., Breland-Noble, A., Otey-Scott, S., Wyrobeck J., King, C., & Sanders, K. (2012). Early Career Boot Camp: A Novel Mechanism for Enhancing Early Career Development for Psychologists in Academic Healthcare. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 19(1), 117-125. doi:10.1007/s10880-011-9289-5
- Robiner, W. N., Dixon, K. E., Miner, J. L., & Hong, B. A. (2012). Board Certification in Psychology: Insights from Medicine and Hospital Psychology. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings. 19(1), 30-40. doi:10.1007/s10880-011-9280-1
- Hong, B., Robiner, W. N., Dixon, K. E., Miner, J. L. (2011). Psychologists’ Medical Staff Membership in Academic Healthcare: Past, Present and Future Challenges. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice, 43(1), 50-57. doi:10.1037/a0026891
- Robiner, W. N., Dixon, K. E., Miner, J. L., & Hong, B. A. (2010). Hospital privileges for psychologists in the era of competencies and increased accountability. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings. 17(4), 301-314. doi:1010.1007/s10880-010-9203-6
- Cady, R., Finkelstein, S., Lindgren, B., Robiner, W., Lindquist, R., VanWormer, A., & Harrington, K. (2010). Exploring the translational impact of a home telemonitoring intervention using time-motion study. Telemedicine and e-Health, 16(5), 576-584. doi:10.1089/tmj.2009.0148
Academic Interests and Focus
Clinical Health Psychology
Adherence; Anxiety Disorders; Depression/ Mood Disorders; Health Psychology; Insomnia; Obesity/weight loss; Psychological aspects of medical and neurological illnesses; Psychotherapy/stress management