Faculty vitality across the career continuum is supported by a variety of programs administered by the department, medical school, and university.
Department of Medicine Resources for Faculty Development
Thriving at Mid Career (TMC) Seminar Series
TMC seminars are designed to support the vitality of DOM mid-career faculty, while deepening productive near-peer mentoring relationships.
- July 11, 2022 | Preparing for Leadership Roles | Zoom recording
- October 26, 2021 |Reflection & Feedback Session for new Associate Professors
Foundations of Scholarly Writing Seminar Series
- August 17, 2015 | Session 5: Best Practices for Writing the Main Sections of a Grant Proposal | fosw_session_5_08_17_15.pdfTue, 12/13/2022 - 05:15sporter
- August 10, 2015 | Session 4: Types of Grant Proposals, Logistics of Submission | fosw_session_4_08_10_15.pdfTue, 12/13/2022 - 05:15sporter
- August 3, 2015 | Session 3: Meeting Readers' Expectations for IMRaD; Responding to Reviewers | fosw_session_3_08_03_15.pdfTue, 12/13/2022 - 05:15sporter
- July 20, 2015 | Session 2: Meeting Readers' Expectations for IMRaD; Responding to Reviewers | fosw_session_2_07_20_15.pdfTue, 12/13/2022 - 05:15sporter
- July 13, 2015 | Session 1: What should I write about? Where can I publish? | fosw_session_1_07_13_15.pdfTue, 12/13/2022 - 05:15sporter
Scientific Writing Consultation
Dr. Anne Marie Weber-Main, Professor of Medicine and Associate Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs and Development, provides critical review and substantive editing of DOM faculty’s written scholarly products (grant proposals, peer-reviewed articles) at different stages of development.
Potential areas of critique and writing support:
Compellingly articulating the project’s significance
Communicating complex scientific ideas with optimal clarity
Writing to meet the review criteria and funder’s priorities
Balancing brevity with appropriate detail
Writing in reviewer-friendly prose
Developing tables and figures to communicate specific ideas
Ensuring logic and cohesiveness of prose
Selecting an appropriate journal
Personalized coaching in areas such as productive academic writing.
To request assistance, DOM faculty may email Dr. Weber-Main at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Resources for Faculty Development
- Overview of faculty development competencies, programs, and resources
- Highlighted resources
- Continuing Professional Development for Healthcare Providers
- Developmental Educational Scholarship Portfolio
- Early Pathways to Career Success Program
- Foundational Training in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Foundations of Leadership Excellence Program
- Mid-Career Faculty in Academic Medicine (MCFAM) Program
- NIH Proposal Preparation Program
- Path to Publication Workshop
- Remote Faculty Development Learning Sessions
- Virtual Short-term Career Coaching