Lois And Richard King Assistant Professorship
Administered by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development
The Lois and Richard King Assistant Professorship in the Department of Medicine honors and recognizes the achievements of Lois and Richard King, MD. This 1M professorship has been established to attract and retain an outstanding faculty member at the level of assistant professor in the tenure-track or research track (*pre-tenure) doing basic science research within the Department of Medicine at the University of Minnesota.
The Lois and Richard King Assistant Professorship may be used to provide supplemental funding for laboratory research, travel or for other scholarly or research purposes as approved by the Chair of the Department of Medicine; the Fund cannot be used for direct salary support for the Principal Investigator.
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com
- Tenure-Track or Research Track (*pre-tenure) Assistant Professors may be nominated by their Division Director or self-nominate.
- The application should include a nomination letter (typically from their Division Director or primary mentor), complete curriculum vitae (in Medical School format) and a brief (1-2 page) description of research plans and career goals.
- The selection committee will include the Chair of the Department of Medicine, the Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs and Development (or a comparable role), and a senior tenured faculty member in the Department of Medicine to be selected by the Chair of the Department of Medicine for broad representation of disciplines within the department.
The holder will be selected for potential based on scholarly inquiry and academic success in basic science research.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree
- Academic appointment at the level of Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine
- Tenure Track or Research Track (*pre-tenure) conducting basic science research
- Application submission deadline: April 28, 2023
- Notification of award: June 5, 2023
- Start date: July 1, 2023
The award is $50,000/year or until the holder is promoted to associate professor, whichever comes first, but no more than four years.
2019 - 2023
Dr. Zohar Sachs is a faculty member in our Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation.
2012 - 2013 Awardee
Dr. David Boulware is a faculty member in the Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine.