Office of Faculty Affairs and Development
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development (OFAD) oversees the Department of Medicine programs to support the mentoring, career development, and advancement of our faculty.
Our goals and responsibilities include:
- Enhance faculty scholarship through educational programs in scientific writing, grant proposal development, and project development
- Promote effective mentoring relationships through mentorship training, support tools, and oversight
- Oversee and facilitate the annual promotion and tenure process
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty, with an emphasis on increasing the number of women and underrepresented minorities on the faculty and in leadership roles
- Connect faculty to relevant intramural/extramural career development programs and awards