APPLICATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 1, 2020
First-year appointments, which begin on June 24 of each year, are available through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), with applications accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). American Medical Graduates should contact their dean's office for more information. International Medical Graduates should contact the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). A request for an ERAS application kit is available on the ECFMG website.
- Complete application through ERAS
- An official dean's letter from your medical school
- A minimum of three letters in support of your application from medical school faculty. One letter should be a "chair's letter" from your school's department of medicine. One should be from a clinical internal medicine experience, preferably from your third and fourth-year clinical rotations. Others can be clinical letters from medicine or other specialties, research mentors, interest group advisors, or other faculty letters describing your experiences in medical school. If you were in other training programs, you should include letters from directors of all of those programs.
- Passing scores from the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE) Step I. Please include Step 2 if available. You may apply to our program having only taken Step 1. There is no minimum score requirement.
- A transcript from your medical school
- A recent photograph
NON-US CITIZEN/NON-PERMANENT RESIDENT INFORMATION
In addition to the items listed above, you must:
- Be able to obtain a J-1 visa, EAD or have resident alien status
- Pass the Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) which includes English language skills
- Have passing scores on the first attempt of the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE). Step 1 is required to apply to the program, but please include Step 2 or 3 if available
Our program DOES NOT sponsor H-1 Visas