At the University of Minnesota, we have a vision for family medicine—a vision for change, for transformation. We want to make individuals healthier, families healthier, communities healthier. Will you join us?
Your support can help us adapt to the challenging healthcare environment and improve the ways we teach, research, and care for patients. Together, we can deliver on the promise of family medicine.
Ways to Make a Gift
There are many ways you can make a gift to family medicine.
Through the University of Minnesota Foundation, you can make a planned gift, give monthly, start a crowdfund, and more. Faculty and staff can also make gifts through payroll deduction.
When making your gift, please be sure to specify the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health. All gifts are received and processed by the University of Minnesota Foundation.
We have four areas of focus, referred to as our cornerstones.
PROMOTE CORE PRINCIPLES AND VALUES OF FAMILY MEDICINE, ENSURING CARE FOR THE WHOLE PERSON
- Preserve the essential elements of primary care by establishing endowed chairs and professorships
- Address emerging challenges in primary care by establishing fellowships
- Launch a discovery fund to pilot innovative healthcare delivery and education models
BE A LEADER IN TRAINING FAMILY PHYSICIANS FOR MINNESOTA AND BEYOND
- Train residents to meet the evolving healthcare needs of Minnesotans and beyond
- Develop and implement new ways of training family physicians in emerging models of healthcare
- Support workforce development by providing funding to family medicine educators and students
DRIVE RESEARCH IN HEALTH DISPARITIES, HEALTHCARE DELIVERY, AND POPULATION HEALTH
- Advance research in understanding and impacting the social determinants of health
- Create research fellowships in topic-specific areas
- Catalyze practice-based research that moves innovations into practice
- Lead research in emerging models of healthcare delivery
IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES AND POPULATIONS
- Drive learning focused on community service and public health for health professionals
- Expand innovative community outreach programs
- Advocate for health equity changes in public policy and reducing health disparities
- Translate innovations into practice
If you have questions or would like to participate in our philanthropic efforts, please contact us.