Global Family Medicine
Residents in our seven residency programs participate in international experiences, which may be based on current international relationships established by the university and residency program or customized to a trainee's interests and goals. Experiences align with the Brocher Declaration established by the Advocacy for Global Health Partnerships to promote equity in global health.
Planning an international rotation takes time, so we recommend you start early. Residents should allow 12 months for pre-departure preparation.
University Travel Policy requires all faculty, staff, and residents traveling abroad for University purposes to register their travel. See our website for more information and to register.
- Community Health in Mfangano Island, Kenya
- Global-Local Elective at Community-University Health Care Center (2, 4-week, or longitudinal)
- East African Clinical Tropical Medicine Course
- Fogarty Global Health Fellowship
- Global Health Case Competition
- Global Health in a Local Context
- Minnesota-based Global Health Course
- India: Global Health, Globalization & Leadership Course
- University of Chiang Mai, Thailand, Department of Family Medicine
Clinical and non-clinical elective experiences are developed in partnership with: