Benefits information presented here is for fellows in the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship and the Sports Medicine Fellowship.
2021-22 Fellow Stipend
INSURANCE & HEALTH BENEFITS
For more information, please see University of Minnesota Office of Student Health Benefits.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) & LEAVE
Paid time off (PTO)
- Twenty-one days per contract year. These days are designed to cover vacations, unexpected absences such as sick days and funeral/bereavement leave, and practice search.
- Six weeks paid parental leave (may vary per program).
- May be granted at program director's discretion for no more than three days at a time
Fellows are eligible for
- University of Minnesota Optional Retirement Plan (ORP)
- University of Minnesota Section 457 Deferred Compensation Program (457 Plan)
Business expense allocation
- Up to $1,000 reimbursement per year for software, conference expenses, medical association memberships, and clinical textbooks and journals
Minnesota license and DEA registration
- Permit and licensure application fee reimbursed
- DEA fee reimbursed
- Up to $1,000 payment for relocation expenses
DISCOUNTS & PERKS
A U Card is required to access some of these benefits.
- University Recreation and Wellness Center at student membership rates
- Relocation Assistance Program helps find childcare, short-term housing, and employment options for spouses/partners
- Receive discounted tickets for some University of Minnesota sports, theater, and cultural events
FELLOW WELL-BEING RESOURCES
Resident and Fellow Assistance Program
- One of several resources dedicated to supporting and promoting well-being during training.
Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Lab coats and pagers provided
- Parking is free; see HPM Parking policy for more details
Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Lab coats, pagers, and team apparel provided
- Parking is free or discounted while on duty
For both fellowships:
New on-call space that includes 35 on-call rooms, a new lounge area, an upgraded and expanded exercise room, locker rooms, gender neutral showers, and a new secured entrance.