Deadline to apply: August 30, 2019
Interviews will be held in September and possibly October for Pediatric positions.
- 3 interview dates for Adult positions
- 2 interview dates for Pediatric positions
To apply for the 2020-21 year:
- Review the eligibility criteria and materials for application
- Apply online through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Fellowships (ERAS will open for 2020 application in July 2019)
- For more information about the application process, contact Harriet Sands, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must meet all requirements to be enrolled in a house staff training program under the policies of the University of Minnesota Graduate Medical Education Committee.
Applicants must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency program, an AOA-approved residency program, a program with ACGME International (ACGME-I) Advanced Specialty Accreditation, a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)-accredited, or College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)-accredited residency program located in Canada.
Fellowship programs must receive verification of each entering fellow’s level of competence in the required field, upon matriculation, using ACGME, ACGME-I, or CanMEDS Milestones evaluations from the core residency program.
Prior to appointment in the program, fellows must have prerequisite education in a residency program, described in item 2, in child neurology, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, or radiation oncology, or, at least three clinical years in a residency program in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, radiology, or surgery.
Applicants must have U.S. citizenship, permanent resident status, or be eligible for a J-1 visa at the time of application.
Applicants must have passed USMLE Step 3 or an equivalent examination that qualifies for medical licensure (i.e., COMLEX).
Fellows must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Minnesota medical license and DEA registration.
Applicants must have graduated from one of the following:
- Medical school accredited by LCME or AOA
- Medical school outside the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico with one of the following:
- a current valid certificate from ECFMG
- completion of a Fifth Pathway Program in an LCME-accredited medical school in the U.S.
1. We select from among eligible applicants based on their educational preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities, such as motivation and integrity.
2. We do not discriminate with regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.
3. In accordance with ACGME Common Program Requirements, prior to accepting a trainee from another residency or fellowship program, the program director must obtain the following:
- Written or electronic verification of previous educational experiences and a summative competency-based performance evaluation
- Proof that the USMLE Step 3 or an equivalent licensing examination (i.e. COMLEX) has been passed (for PGY-3 residents or higher)