The Doctor in Physical Therapy program offers rolling admissions from July 1-March 31. Each application is considered as it is received, and decisions are typically made within 6-8 weeks. The 2020-2021 application is now closed.The application for the 2021-2022 application cycle will be available July 1, 2021.
The application fee is $75 and $95 for international students. We do not participate in PTCAS.
The application for the 2021-2022 cycle will open July 1, 2021. Please wait until that date to start your application.
Select the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities campus. Filter for the Medical School for the college/school, and then select the Physical Therapy DPT application under Medical School Programs. The proposed term of entry is Summer 2022.
Our application requires:
Upload unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. We do not require official transcripts during the application process.
List all 13 required prerequisite courses.
- only two prerequisites may be listed as in progress (please list these courses and choose "In Progress" from the grading drop down menu)
- only two prerequisites may be met with AP (score of 4 or above) or IB (score of 6 or above) credits
- all prerequisites must have a minimum letter grade of C to be considered (medical terminology is accepted pass/fail)*
- list labs separately if they were graded independently
- list previous attempts of prerequisite courses if you have retaken that course. When prompted, choose "Yes" to indicate that the course was retaken. Retaken courses are not used to calculate the prerequisite GPA.
- Submit official GRE scores. The University GRE code is 6874. Scores do not need to be sent directly to the program. We do not have a minimum GRE score that must be met.
- For international applicants, submit official TOEFL scores. Our TOEFL requirements exceed the Graduate School's entry requirements in the interest of patient safety and clinical effectiveness. For TOEFL, we require:
- Writing: 24; Speaking: 26; Reading: 21; Listening: 18
AP/IB Score Report
Upload the unofficial score reports for AP or IB courses if using these scores to meet prerequisite requirements.
List all observation hour experiences with descriptions and hours. You may also include other healthcare and non-healthcare experiences.*
Identify two references. References will receive an email directing them to an online reference form. They will be asked to complete a form and provide a letter of recommendation.*
Provide answers to narrative questions. Please use this space to tell us any information not included in the rest of the application that you feel is important.