The Doctor in Physical Therapy program offers rolling admissions from July 1-March 31. Each application is considered as it is received, and decisions are typically made within 6-8 weeks. The 2019-2020 application season is now closed, and the 2020-2021 application will be available July 1, 2020. Applicants for the cohort beginning Summer 2021 should wait until July 1, 2020, to begin their application.
The application fee is $75 and $95 for international students. We do not participate in PTCAS.
Apply to the DPT Program
The application for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle will be available July 1, 2020. The 2019-2020 admissions cycle is now closed.
Select the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities campus. Filter for the Medical School for the college/school, and then select the Physical Therapy DPT application under Medical School Programs. The proposed term of entry is Summer 2021.
As part of the application:
- Upload unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- List all prerequisite courses. Please note:
- only two prerequisites may be listed as in progress
- only two prerequisites may be met with AP (score of 4 or above) or IB (score of 6 or above) credits
- all prerequisites must have a minimum letter grade of C to be considered (medical terminology is accepted pass/fail)
- list labs separately in the "Additional Courses" section if they were graded independently
- list previous attempts of prerequisite courses in the "Additional Courses" section if you have retaken that course
- Submit official GRE scores. The University GRE code is 6874. Scores do not need to be sent directly to the program. We do not have a minimum GRE score that must be met.
- For international applicants, submit official TOEFL scores. Our TOEFL requirements exceed the Graduate School's entry requirements in the interest of patient safety and clinical effectiveness. For TOEFL, we require:
- Writing: 24; Speaking: 26; Reading: 21; Listening: 18
- Upload the unofficial score reports for AP or IB courses if applicable.
- List all observation hour experiences with descriptions and hours. You may also include other healthcare and non-healthcare experiences.
- Identify two references, one a current PT. References will receive an email directing them to an online reference form. They will be asked to complete a form and provide a narrative.
- Provide answers to narrative questions. Please use this space to tell us any information not included in the rest of the application that you feel is important.
Commitment to Diversity
As part of the Medical School at the University of Minnesota, the DPT program follows the values and goals outlined in the Medical School's Diversity Statement.