Winning UMN Team Announced Following Interprofessional Geriatric Case Competition Semi-Finals
The Minnesota Northstar Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program concluded the semi-final portion of its inaugural Annual Interprofessional Geriatric Case Competition on Monday, November 2, 2020. The top-rated team from each semi-final round competed live on Zoom. The winning team from the University of Minnesota semi-final round included Emily Feye (student in nursing adult health/gerontological clinical nurse specialist), Katherine Tyeryar (student in speech-language pathology), Kelsi Johnson (student in occupational therapy), Kendra Bollig (student in occupational therapy), and coach Lizzie Choma, PT, DPT, GCS.
Thank you and congratulations to all semi-finalists! Below are their names and UMN programs:
- Andrea Johnson - Adult Health/Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Andres Lim - Pharmacy
- Katelyn Marthaler - Occupational Therapy
- Thu Mai - Health Services Management BASc
- Rachael Batty - Occupational Therapy
- Kristin Cook - Adult-Gerontological Primary Care DNP
- Meghan Soler - Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Peter Simon - Occupational Therapy
- Vivian Lin - Pharmacy
- Zainab Harunani - Occupational Therapy
On November 9, the final competition will take place on Zoom, after which a final winning team will be announced. The Minnesota team has been in collaboration with Saint Louis University's Division of Geriatric Medicine and the Gateway Workforce Enhancement Program, which has hosted this geriatric case competition for six years.