Exceptional Affiliate Faculty Teaching Award
The Medical School and the University of Minnesota Foundation invite you to participate in the selection of affiliate faculty to receive the Exceptional Affiliate Faculty Teaching Award. The foundation endeavors with this award to honor and encourage the types of preceptor teaching the medical students hold in high esteem. Winners receive a recognition certificate and a $1,000 award from the Foundation. There will be two awardees.
Open to all affiliated faculty who teach medical students in any of the four years of their training.
- Provides at least three years of continuous or recurring teaching of medical students in any year of training
- Models professionalism
- Contributes major, enduring contributions to student learning
- Engages students meaningfully in patient care
- Demonstrates using best evidence for patient care
- Directly observes students with patients
- Provides meaningful, specific, actionable feedback to students
Nomination materials must include a nomination letter with up to 3 signees and the nominee's CV. The nomination form and all materials should be submitted electronically as a single PDF. Award winners will be selected by the Medical Education Honors & Awards Committee.