The University of Minnesota Medical School is a world-class leader in medical education, research, and patient care. Our students receive a dynamic education with hands-on experience.
Our MD students are well-rounded individuals. Creative. Confident. Compassionate. Intellectually curious. Motivated. Self-aware. Committed to excellent patient care and highly professional.
510 AVERAGE MCAT
17% FIRST GENERATION STUDENTS
3.8 AVERAGE GPA
238 STUDENTS ADMITTED ANNUALLY
- Dedicated faculty mentor
- 24 hospitals and 30+ clinical training sites
- Conduct research with faculty
- Urban campus with a small community feel
- Primary care in rural Minnesota communities
- Native American health
- Family medicine
- Mission-based research
- Dual degree
- Scientific training in our graduate programs
- Gain experience in biomedical research
- Choose from 100+ faculty for thesis mentor
FIND YOUR PATH
CONNECT WITH CURRENT STUDENTS
Take a peek into your future as a medical student at the University of Minnesota, in and out of the classroom. Find out why Minnesota is a great place to learn and live firsthand from our current students.
Want to know what it's really like? Simulation experiences provide immersive training. Our simulation facilities and resources create realistic environments and situations where learners can become intellectually, physically, and emotionally engaged in providing health care.