Congratulations MS4s, you are almost there! This page will provide you with much of the relevant information you need as you close out your final year of medical school. Read through this page to find the answers to your questions, and if you don’t find what you are looking for, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to graduate
Applications to graduate are due by March 31st of your fourth year. You must submit your application in order for your degree to be awarded; it is not related to your commencement ceremony attendance. Follow these instructions to submit your application to graduate
- Log into MyU
- Select Key Links > Student Center
- Select the drop-down arrow under Academics, select “Apply for Graduation,” then click the circle to the right to move forward.
- Select “Apply for Graduation”
- Select a graduation term, and then “Continue.”
- Review your information before selecting “Submit Application.”
The 2024 commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, May 3 at 2:00 p.m.
Look for emails from Rachel Rudeen about the specifics of your graduation ceremony and reach out to her with your questions about ceremony logistics.
Degree conferral timeline and process
- Spring semester ends (your conferral date will be the last day of spring semester)
- Final grades are due 6 weeks after the last day of your rotation
- The medical school registrar will clear your degree within one week of your last final grade being posted
- The university’s central registrar’s office will award the degree within two weeks of being cleared, but not before the last day of the semester
- Your diploma will be ordered and mailed to you within 2 weeks of your degree being conferred.
Transcripts and Diplomas
Both official and unofficial transcripts can be ordered from OneStop. Your diploma will be mailed to you approximately one week after your degree is awarded. Duplicate diploma copies can also be ordered from OneStop.