Welcome to the Pre-Award and Proposal Development Services resource page. Here you will find frequently asked questions (FAQs) in the pre-award space focused on University and NIH protocols.
What type of requests should be sent to email@example.com?
- Request to add a new employee to meetings and shared resources
- Suggestions for Grant Coordinator meeting topics and office hours topics
- Pre-award training requests
- Help with T32 table completion and training grant support
- Questions about grant process or request for help
New employee information and training
When a new employee starts, email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and UMN email and they will be added to the following:
- MS Grant Coordinators Google Drive
- Monthly GC meeting
- Monthly office hours (optional)
- MSPreAward Google Group
- Invited to Pre-Award Intro Session (offered quarterly)
When should I expect a reply after sending an email to email@example.com?
The email account is checked at least twice a day during business hours; generally, you may expect a reply within two business days. If you don’t receive a reply within that time frame, feel free to follow up.
Data Management and Sharing
The NIH’s new Data Management Sharing Policy (DMSP) requirements went into effect January 25, 2023 and apply to any research grant application that will generate scientific data as defined by the NIH. There are budgeting and DMSP guides within the NIH’s website, as well as a FAQ section.
The University Library System has also outlined resources for investigators including:
The NIH has provided sample DMS plans for guidance. Please be aware of UMN SPA compliance requirements as this will need to be customized in the DMS plan. Refer to your RFA for NIH institution-specific requirements.
NIH Data Management and Sharing Plan Summary was presented to Medical School Grant Coordinators on January 18, 2023 by Stacy Valenzuela & Joe Hexum in Pediatrics and Hang McLaughlin in Surgery. The target audience for this presentation are Grant Coordinators.
- You may need to request access to view the slide deck.