Can Ozutemiz, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology
MD, Hacettepe University, School of Medicine
Doctorate in Radiology, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Department of Radiology
Fellowship in Neuroradiology, University of Minnesota
Fellowship in Pediatric Neuroradiology, University of Minnesota
Fellowship in Nuclear Radiology, University of Minnesota
Fellowship in Thoracoabdominal Radiology, University of Minnesota
- Pediatric/Adult brain tumor imaging
- Toxic leukoencephalopathy
- Non-vascular spine interventions
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Molecular imaging/oncologic imaging
- Cardiac PET/CT
- Can Özütemiz, Elizabeth C. Neil, Manoj Tanwar, Nathan T. Rubin, Kerem Öztürk, Zuzan Cayci. The Role of Dual-phase 18-FDG PET/CT in the Diagnosis and Follow-up of Brain Tumors. Accepted for publication by American Journal of Roentgenology DOI: doi.org/10.2214/AJR.19.22571. (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Peter Karachunski, David R. Nascene. Nusinersen injections in adults and children with spinal muscular atrophy: a single-center experience. Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. DOI: 10.5152/dir.2020.19607. (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Sarah K. Roshan, Neill J. Kroll, Jeffrey. B. Rykken, Mark C. Oswood, Lei Zhang, Alexander M. McKinney. Acute Toxic Leukoencephalopathy: Etiologies, Imaging Findings and Outcomes in 101 Patients. American Journal of Neuroradiology. February 2019, 40 (2) 267-275; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A5947 (Primary investigator and author).
- Emily Anderson, Can Ozutemiz, Bradley S. Miller, Timothy J. Moss, David R. Nascene. Hypothalamic Hamartomas and Inner Ear Diverticula in Brothers with X-Linked Stapes Gusher Syndrome - New Associations? Pediatric Radiology January 2020, 50(1):142–145. (author)
- David R. Nascene, Can Özütemiz, Heather R. Estby, Alexander M. McKinney, Jeffrey B. Rykken. Transforaminal Lumbar Puncture: An Alternative Technique in Patients with Challenging Access. American Journal of Neuroradiology. 2018 May;39(5):986-991. DOI: 10.3174/ajnr.A5596 (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Jeffrey. B. Rykken. Lumbar puncture under fluoroscopy guidance: a technical review for radiologists. Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. 2019 Mar; 25:144–156 DOI: 10.5152/dir.2019.18291. (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Yasemin Kocaba? Köksel, Haitao Huang, Nathan Rubin, Jeffrey. B. Rykken. The efficacy of fluoroscopy-guided epidural blood patch in the treatment of spontaneous and iatrogenic cerebrospinal fluid leakage. European Radiology. 2019 Aug;29(8):4088-4095. DOI: 10.1007/s00330-018-5828-x. (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Daniel Steinberger, Jerry W. Froelich. An unusual altered biodistribution of 18F-FDG on PET/CT: diffuse perimuscular uptake in the setting of acute adrenal crisis. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. 2019 Apr;46(4):1037-1038. DOI: 10.1007/s00259-018-4247-1 (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Sarah K. Roshan, Neill J. Kroll, Jeffrey B. Rykken, Frederick Ott, Alexander M. McKinney. Concomitant Acute Toxic Leukoencephalopathy and Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome. J Neuroimaging. 2018 Sep;28(5):535-541 DOI: 10.1111/jon.12526. (Primary investigator and author).
- Yasemin Koksel, Can Ozutemiz, Jeffrey Rykken, Frederick Ott, Zuzan Cayci, Mark C Oswood, Alexander M McKinney. “CHOICES": an acronym to aid in delineating potential causes of non-metabolic, non-infectious acute toxic leukoencephalopathy. European Journal of Radiology Open 2019 Jun; 6: 243-257. (Co-author)
- Can Özütemiz, Funda Obuz, Abdullah Taylan, Koray Atila, Seymen Bora, Hulya Ellidokuz. The volume change of segment 2 and 3 of the liver after gastrectomy in patients with gastric cancer. Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. 2016 Mar-Apr;22(2):109-15.DOI: 10.5152/dir.2016.15143 (Primary investigator and author).
- Aytac Gulcu, Can Özütemiz, S. Baran Ugurlu, Timur Kose. Duplex ultrasonography findings are not related to menstrual cycle phases in women with early symptoms of lower extremity chronic venous disease. Journal of Clinical Ultrasound. 2016 Feb;44(2):85-91. DOI: 10.1002/jcu.22287 (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Aytac Gulcu, Timur Kose. Lower extremity venous duplex ultrasonographic findings in nurses before and after nightshifts with a comparison of results using manual compression and the Valsalva maneuver. Turkish Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, April 2016, Volume 24, Number 2, Page(s) 281-288. DOI: 10.5606/tgkdc.dergisi.2016.12296 (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Oguz Dicle, Nevin Koremezli. How Turkish radiology residents access information related to their profession in this social media and smartphone era. European Journal of Radiology Open. 2015 Dec 3;2:129-33. DOI: 0.1016/j.ejro.2015.10.001 (Primary investigator and author).
- Can Özütemiz, Emel Ada, Ayca Ersen, Ercan Ozer. Imaging findings of an epidermoid cyst with malignant transformation to squamous cell carcinoma. Turkish Journal of Neurosurgery 2017;27(2):312-315. DOI: 10.5137/1019-5149.jtn.12722-14.0. (Primary investigator and author).
European Board of Radiology, Turkish Society of Radiology
Pediatric/Adult brain tumor imaging; Toxic leukoencephalopathy; Non-vascular spine interventions; Spinal muscular atrophy; Molecular imaging/oncologic imaging; Cardiac PET/CT