Awards & Recognition
- Nominee, Resilience Award, Women in Medicine Summit, October 2020
- Resiliency Award, University of Minnesota Division of PM&R Residency Awards, 2018
- Public Health Administration and Policy Quality Improvement Award, University of Minnesota School of Public Health First Group Master’s Project, 2013
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Public Health Association
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Global Health Work Group, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota
- Program in Health Disparities Research, University of Minnesota
Co-Investigator in Pilot Clinical Research Trial
- Timp, M, John F, Frost K, Carey J. “Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) Treatment of Post-Stroke Spasticity. University of Minnesota Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, 2015.
- Gupta S, Larsen E, Garg A, John F et al. “Functional Effectiveness of Inpatient Rehabilitation after Heart Transplantation”. PM&R. 2016 Sep; 8 (9): 855-859. PMID 26875846
- Ojo-Fati O, John F, Thomas J et al. “Integrating smoking cessation and alcohol use treatment in homeless populations”. Trials. 2015 Aug; 16 (385): 1-12. PMID 26320081.
Oral Presentations at International Meetings
- John F, Sembrano R, Roy S et al. “Pre-Operative Predictors for Admission to a Rehabilitation Facility after LVAD Implantation and Its Impact on Long Term Survival”. International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, April 2016.
Poster Presentations at National Meetings
- John F. and Seidel E. “A Rare Case of a Post-traumatic Median Nerve Neuroma”. Association of Academic Physiatrists. March 2020.
- John F., Salehi P., Crowe S. “Focal Distal Upper Extremity Weakness: A Rare Case of Hirayama Disease”. Association of Academic Physiatrists. February 2019.
- John, F. and Salehi P.“Lance-Adams Syndrome, A Rare Sequela of Hypoxic Encephalopathy”. American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. October 2018.
- John, F. and Sembrano, R. “Gustatory Rhinorrhea: An Under Recognized Late Effect of Stroke”. Association of Academic Physiatrists. March 2015.
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine Presentations
- A Rare Etiology of Distal Upper Extremity Weakness: Hirayama Disease, University of Minnesota, Metro Rehab, 6/4/2019
- Health Disparities in Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Minnesota PM&R Resident and Faculty Seminars, 5/20/2019
- A Rare Etiology of Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury: Morquio A Syndrome, University of Minnesota Metro Rehab, 6/5/2018
- Pediatric Epileptic Encephalopathies, University of Minnesota PM&R Resident and Faculty Seminars, 3/28/2018
- Toxic Leukoencephalopathy: Rehabilitation Considerations, PM&R Resident Didactics, Regions Hospital, 2/11/2018
- Lance Adams Syndrome (Chronic Post-Hypoxic Myoclonus), PM&R Resident Didactics, University of Minnesota Medical Center, 11/19/2017
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome, PM&R Resident Didactics, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, 8/11/2017
- Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis in a Transtibial Amputee, PM&R Resident Didactics, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, 7/21/2017
- Current Global Infectious Disease Threats, University of Minnesota PM&R Resident and Faculty Seminars, 6/14/2017
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) Treatment of Post-Stroke Spasticity, University of Minnesota Metro Rehab, 11/19/2015
Master of Public Health Thesis Defense
- “Reproductive Health in the Somali Community: A Community-Driven Collaboration”. Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota. May 2013.
University of Minnesota, Director, Rehabilitation Medicine Cancer Program
- October 2020- Present.
University of Minnesota Resident Leadership Academy
- PM&R Residency Program Representative- Nominated by the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine/Participated in the 5th Cohort of the University of Minnesota Resident Leadership Academy, Multidisciplinary course involving year-long longitudinal curriculum with training in leadership and methods to lead organizational change, September 2018- July 2019.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Chief Resident
- Chief Resident for University of Minnesota PM&R residency program, tenure from July 2019- June 2020.
University of Minnesota PM&R Residency Program
- In role as Chief Resident, involved in spearheading initiatives to improve resident mentorship and incorporate resident team building, July 2019 - June 2020.
TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
University of Minnesota PM&R Residency Program
- In role as Chief Resident, responsible for leading board review teaching sessions during PM&R resident didactics on board relevant topics throughout the year.
University of Minnesota School of Public Health Alumni Mentor
- Serving as a School of Public Health Mentor for the 2020-2021 academic year, providing support for career and professional development to a current Master of Public Health student
University of Minnesota Division of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Dr. John is actively involved in teaching residents and medical students.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Fairview Southdale Hospital;Masonic Cancer Center;Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinic
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (ABPMR)