Dr. Adeyi is an anatomic pathologist with expertise in liver and transplantation pathology. His clinical practice covers medical, transplant and oncologic diseases of the liver, with more than 15 years' experience as a hepatobiliary pathology sub-specialist. His primary research interest is in transplant and tumor immunology. During his career he has combined an active clinical service with research and teaching as well as participating locally, nationally, and internationally as a key resource in medical, transplantation and oncologic liver diseases. Adeyi's research has focused on the interplay between the immune system on the one hand and allogeneic, tumor and viral antigens on the other. In collaboration he has used murine and pig models to study varying aspects of alloimmunity, infections, and tumorigenesis in modified immunologic backgrounds, with a view to understanding how best to utilize the innate and specific immune systems in achieving better outcomes in solid organ transplantation and malignancies, as well as viral infections and organ preservation injury.
Transplant and tumor immunology
- Christian VJ, Sarwar R, Resch JC, Lim S, Somani A, Larson-Nath C, McAllister S, Thielen BK, Adeyi O, Chinnakotla S, Bhatt H. Use of Cidofovir for Safe Transplantation in a Toddler with Acute Liver Failure and Adenovirus Viremia. Case Rep Transplant. 2022 Nov 9;2022:9426175.
- Pai RK, Jairath V, Hogan M, Zou G, Adeyi OA, Anstee QM, Aqel BA, Behling C, Carey EJ, Clouston AD, Corey K, Feagan BG, Kleiner DE, Ma C, McFarlane SC, Noureddin M, Ratziu V, Valasek MA, Younossi ZM, Harrison SA, Loomba R. Reliability of histologic assessment for NAFLD and development of an expanded NAFLD activity score. Hepatology. 2022 Oct;76(4):1150-1163.
- Sarwar R, Adeyi OA, Lake J, Lim N. Acute cellular rejection in liver transplantation recipients following vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019: A case series. Liver Transpl. 2022 Aug;28(8):1388-1392.
- Chruscinski A, Rojas-Luengas V, Moshkelgosha S, Issachar A, Luo J, Yowanto H, Lilly L, Smith R, Renner E, Zhang J, Epstein M, Grant D, McEvoy CM, Konvalinka A, Humar A, Adeyi O, Fischer S, Volmer FH, Taubert R, Jaeckel E, Juvet S, Selzner N, Levy GA. Evaluation of a gene expression biomarker to identify operationally tolerant liver transplant recipients: the LITMUS trial. Clin Exp Immunol. 2022 Jan 28;207(1):123-139.
- Malvar G, Cardona D, Pezhouh MK, Adeyi OA, Chatterjee D, Deisch JK, Lamps LW, Misdraji J, Stueck AE, Voltaggio L, Gonzalez RS. Hepatic Secondary Syphilis Can Cause a Variety of Histologic Patterns and May Be Negative for Treponeme Immunohistochemistry. Am J Surg Pathol. 2022 Apr 1;46(4):567-575.
- Bhat M, Pasini E, Pastrello C, Angeli M, Baciu C, Abovsky M, Coffee A, Adeyi O, Kotlyar M, Jurisica I. Estrogen Receptor 1 Inhibition of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling Contributes to Sex Differences in Hepatocarcinogenesis. Front Oncol. 2021 Nov 22;11:777834
AddressC425 Mayo Building
420 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455