I received my BA in psychology at the University of Minnesota. I completed my MA and my PhD in counseling and human development from the University of Iowa with a focus on Marriage and Family Therapy and a minor in Organizational Management.
I am a licensed psychologist and a Licensed Couples, Marriage, and Family Therapist. As a family therapist, I provide therapy through the developmental lifespan ages 5-95. I specialize in emotional dysregulation, mood disorders, PTSD--trauma-informed therapy, Eating Disorders, Family therapy, and psychotherapy supervision. I am committed to providing culturally-affirming care to diverse patients and families and providing advocacy in the community.
In my current faculty position, I teach Introduction to Psychotherapy, family and group psychotherapy courses and supervise psychiatry residents and interns in individual, group, and family therapies. As the assistant residency training director, I am in charge of coordinating the psychotherapy training in the Adult Psychiatry Residency program. I am the co-director of the Dialectical Behavioral Therapy program (DBT). I am active in national and local organizations including AADRT, NAMI providing workshops and community service. I am an active member of various committees in the department including the Diversity and Inclusion, RTC, and Doctors at the Borders.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Behavioral activation
- Exposure therapy
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
(for academic support only)
In the Media
- 2023: Featured in the last article of our series for National Mentoring Month titled, "Department mentor helps build her mentees’ professional identities.
- 2021: Featured in this MinnPost piece titled, “Stress around post-COVID reintegration can mimic social anxiety.
- 2020: An interview by Scripps National with Dr. Richelle Moen about how to effectively handle post-election conversations was syndicated by 36 news stations across the U.S.
- 2020: Interviewed Fox9 about how to talk with relatives and friends of a different political persuasion following the election
Borderline Personality Disorder Emotional Dysregulation & Self-Harm Teaching and Supervision
Individual, Family and Group Therapy; Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT); Emotional Dysregulation, Eating Disorders