I split my time between treating patients in general otolaryngology and doing research – I am in charge of the ear lab at the Lions’ Hearing Clinic. I have published more than 200 peer-reviewed scientific articles and dozens of chapters on hearing loss, ear infections, Meniere’s disease and otosclerosis.
Medical School: Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine
Residency of ENT, Department of Otolaryngology, Medical School, Erciyes University
Clinical Otology/Neurotology Fellow, Paparella Ear Head-neck Institute, Fairview University Medical Center, University of Minnesota
American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Awards and Recognitions
- IHF Award of Merit
- National organization for hearing research
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) President award
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Honor Award
- Politzer Prize
- CORLAS (Collegium Oto-Rhino_Laryngologicum Amicitiae Sacrum) ORL
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Foundation, AAO-HNSF
- The Minnesota Electron Microscopy Society
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO)
- International Otopathology Society (a.k.a. The Schuknecht society)
- University of Minnesota, Biomedical Engineering Institute (BMEI)
- Turkish Medical Doctors’ Association (Turk Tabipler Birligi)
- Turkish Otolaryngic Allergy Society
- International Hearing Foundation (Board member)
Dr. Cureoglu’s research is focused on middle ear infections, hearing loss, otosclerosis, Meniere's disease, congenital and acquired hearing losses, syndromic ear problems, and other ear pathologies. He has been the Principal Investigator in a number of studies, including a recent NIH grant to establish our temporal bone laboratory as a national technological resource for the auditory and vestibular research community.
- Radhakrishnan R, Dronamraju VR, Leung M, Gruesen A, Solanki AK, Walterhouse S, Roehrich H, Song G, da Costa Monsanto R, Cureoglu S, Martin R, Kondkar AA, van Kuijk FJ, Montezuma SR, Knöelker HJ, Hufnagel RB, Lobo GP. The role of motor proteins in photoreceptor protein transport and visual function. Ophthalmic Genet. 2022 Jun;43(3):285-300. doi: 10.1080/13816810.2022.2062391. Epub 2022 Apr 26. PMID: 35470760; PMCID: PMC9451523.
- Tsuprun V, Schleiss MR, Cureoglu S. Diversity of the cochlear and vestibular pathologies in human temporal bones of newborns infected with cytomegalovirus. Ann Clin Pathol. 2022;9(1):1158. Epub 2022 Aug 29. PMID: 37008271; PMCID: PMC10062439.
2001 6th Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455