I focus on treating hearing loss in both kids and adults including placement of cochlear implants, bone anchored hearing aids and hearing prostheses. I also treat patients with tumors of the lateral skull base such as acoustic neuromas/vestibular schwannomas, glomus tumors and meningiomas.
- Undergrad: University of Washington
- Medical school: Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- Residency: Otolaryngology Residency at University of Minnesota
- Fellowship: Neurotology Fellowship at NYU Langone Medical Center
- American Board of Otolaryngology with subspecialty certification in Neurotology with Certificate of Added Qualification in Pediatrics
Awards and Recognitions
- Msp St Paul Magazine "Best Doctors"
- American Neurolotologic Society
- American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
- Board Examiner for the American Board of Otolaryngology
- Choi JS*, Ziltzer R*, Gadkaree SK*, Adams ME, Huang TC. Neurotology workforce in the United States: gender diversity and geographic distribution. Otolaryn Head Neck Surg. 2023; https://doi.org/10.1002/ohn.216
- Kelly EA*, Levine S, Gravel KE, Hart DL, Huang T. Utilization of nerve integrity monitor for promontory stimulation prior to cochlear implant. Otol Neurotol. 2018; 39(2):e60-e62.
- Meyer L, Sharon B, Huang TC, Meyer AC*, Gravel KE, Schimmenti LA, Swanson EC, Herd HE, Hernandez-Alvarado N, Coverstone KR, McCann M, Schleiss MR. Analysis of archived newborn dried blood spots (DBS) identifies congenital cytomegalovirus as a major cause of unexplained pediatric sensorineural hearing loss. Am J Otolaryngol. 2017; 38(5): 565-570.
Dr. Huang’s research is focused on cochlear implantation outcomes, tinnitus reduction strategies, prevention of hearing loss due to aging and cytomegalovirus-induced hearing loss.
Research Funding Grants
2006, The National Organization for Hearing Research Foundation
“Effect of SOD-2 overexpression on age-related hearing loss”
Co-Principal Investigator with Anil Lalwani, MD
2007, Otolaryngology Interest Group and Biomedical Institute Seed Grant
“Electrical suppression of tinnitus”
2007, AAO-HNS Core Grant
“Prevention of age-related hearing loss in C57BL mice”
Principal Investigator, Selena Heman-Ackah, co-advisor with Steven Juhn, MD
2007, Minnesota Medical Foundation
“Reduction of age-related hearing loss in C57BL/6 mice using adult-derived stem cells”
Principal Investigator, co-PI Steven Juhn, MD
AddressMMC 396 Mayo
Minneapolis, MN 55455