Catalog Description: Students will observe examinations of existing and newly acquired cardiovascular specimens to identify variations of specific congenital and acquired disease entities and their functional significance.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: M-F, 8:30am-4:00pm. No night or weekend assignments.
Direct patient care: No
Consent Requirement: Arranged. Please submit a request to schedule using the form linked below.
Course Objectives: By the end of this rotation, students will be able to:
- observe examination of cardiovascular specimens from surgery and autopsy; and
- develop an appreciation of the various pathologic processes that underlie congenital and acquired clinical heart disease.
- review medical records and patient history in developing clinical pathologic correlations with referred cases.
- Daily participation in observing cases
- Daily attendance and participation in student teaching course
- Professionalism with staff and visiting residents/students
- Powerpoint presentation 15-20 minutes in length on a topic in cardiovascular medicine (topic to be approved by course director)
Grading Scale: H/E/S/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub