EPAC LIC - Acting Internship Primary Care
Catalog Description: This portion of the LIC curriculum occurs in the spring semester of the EPAC LIC and is integrated with the other core disciplines encompassed within the LIC.
Sites: M Health Fairview Children’s Clinic, M Health Clinics and Surgery Center, M Health Fairview Clinic—Smiley’s
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Arranged
- Provide comprehensive care, including preventative, acute and chronic care, in the context of the patient, family and community.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of primary care within a health care team.
- Practice evidence-based medicine in the context of primary care.
- Understand and apply the principles of preventative care.
- Clinical assessments by the primary preceptors and other health care professionals within the clinical practice.
- Oral presentation on screening
- Oral presentation on prevention
- Evidence based medicine presentation on a topic encountered in primary care with associated case presentation and a plain language summary.
Grading Scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: Limited to EPAC students
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub
Additional Courses in This Program:
- INMD 7410 (Medicine)
- INMD 7412 (Psychiatry)
- INMD 7415 (Family Medicine)
- INMD 7416 (Ob/Gyn)
- INMD 7417 (Pediatrics)
- INMD 7418 (Emergency Medicine)
- INMD 7423 (Independent Study)
- INMD 7403 (Essentials of Neurology)
- INMD 7433 (Neurology Apprenticeship)
- INMD 7424 (Essentials of Surgery)
- INMD 7425 (Surgical Subspecialty)