EPAC LIC - Acting Internship Primary Care
Catalog Description: This portion of the LIC curriculum occurs in the spring semester of the EPAC LIC and is integrated with the other core disciplines encompassed within the LIC.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Arranged
- Provide comprehensive care, including preventative, acute and chronic care, in the context of the patient, family and community.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of primary care within a health care team.
- Practice evidence-based medicine in the context of primary care.
- Understand and apply the principles of preventative care.
- Clinical assessments by the primary preceptors and other health care professionals within the clinical practice.
- Oral presentation on screening
- Oral presentation on prevention
- Evidence based medicine presentation on a topic encountered in primary care with associated case presentation and a plain language summary.
Grading Scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: Limited to EPAC students
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub
Additional Courses in This Program: