Catalog Description: Dedicated elective for prospective students to become familiar with interventional radiology and understand the clinical scope and research possibilities available in Interventional Radiology.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Students spend time at all three sites
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: 3 weeks of procedural rotation (7:00am-4:30pm) and one week of clinic (time each day varies)
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Open to student scheduling
Course Objectives: Course objectives: By the end of this rotation, students will be able to...
- describe the scope of practice of IR
- examine how IR is integrated into the care of a wide variety of patients
- describe elements of the surgical and medical knowledge relevant to IR
- perform basic image guided procedures with minimal supervision
- be exposed to and assist with complex procedures
- explain radiation safety and elements of radiation physics pertinent to IR
- describe contrast agents and recognize and treat contrast reactions
- Participation and attending assessment
- Final exam
Grading Scale: H/E/S/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub