Catalog Description: This course will introduce the student to some of the research problems in ophthalmology. It will be particularly valuable to someone who is headed for a career in ophthalmology.
Sites: UMN: dependent on where the attending is working
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: M-F, 7:00am-6:00pm
Direct patient care: No
Consent Requirement: Arranged. Email Course Coordinator for details and approval to schedule.
Course Objectives: To design and conduct a limited research project in ophthalmology.
The student will:
- select a topic of interest or join a project in progress
- become familiar with the pertinent background information - reading list will be drawn up by the project supervisor
- design a protocol for the project
- procure the materials necessary for the project
- conduct the project
- Assessment of research by faculty
Grading Scale: H/E/S/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition allowed up to 2 times
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience: