Rehabilitation Medicine Research
Catalog Description: PM&R is an underrepresented field in terms of academic contribution to clinical research.
Unspecified Site for Academic/Research Purposes
Site depends on project
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: 8:00am-5:00pm M-F
Direct patient care: No
Consent Requirement: Arranged. Please contact the course coordinator via email for permission to schedule this course.
Course Objectives: By the end of this rotation the student will be able to:
- Complete a basic literature review of the rehabilitation literature.
- Develop a research question and work in conjunction with clinical staff to answer that question using research methods.
- Discuss the basics of study design.
- Complete a basic scholarly activity project as the culmination of the elective
- Assessment of the student by faculty/attending
Grading Scale: H/E/S/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition allowed up to 2 times
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience: