Sleep Disorders Medicine
- Dr. Snigdha Pusalavidyasagar (Sagar), Fairview Sleep Center Riverside
Catalog Description: Students will observe patient care management with staff and fellows. After the first day, students will start seeing primarily new patients, 3-4 patients a day, obtain history and exam; create differential diagnosis /workup and treatment plans. Students will also work at Sleep lab with Clinical Specialist, hands-on learning about devices and modes of therapy.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode:
- FU: M-F, 7:30am-5:00pm
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Open to student scheduling
Course Objectives: This course will familiarize students with all aspects of common sleep disorders:
- taking an appropriate history;
- performing an appropriate physical examination;
- generating a differential diagnosis;
- ordering indicated diagnostic studies;
- synthesizing clinical and laboratory data; and
- managing common sleep disorders.
- Clinical Assessment by attending
Grading Scale: H/E/S/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub