Catalog Description: Students will gain experience in the field of sports medicine including exposure to the disciplines of primary care sports medicine, orthopedic sports medicine, sports physical therapy, and athletic training. There will be opportunity for participation in the treatment of sports injuries and illnesses in the following venues:
- Outpatient Sports Medicine Clinics with both Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Primary Care Sports Medicine Physicians.
- Outpatient Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgical Procedures
- NCAA Division III and high school training room clinics and game/event coverage when available
- Sports Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
- Introduction to radiographic evaluation of sports injuries
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Required session attendance: All scheduled shifts
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: Work may include evenings and weekends. Schedules vary by site.
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Open to student scheduling
Grading Scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Course equivalency: Does not apply