Sports Medicine (Virtual)
*Note: This course has an enrollment minimum of four (maximum of six). We will be in touch with enrolled students prior to the start of the period as to whether this course will run.*
This is a 2 week, independent study in topics relating to Sports Medicine. This online elective will include directed musculoskeletal exam review using EBM, case study review, and power point presentations on a variety of topics.
This elective should be considered a supplement to, and not a replacement of FMCH 7537.
Sites: OL: Online learning
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode:
- Students are expected to spend 4 hours per day on weekdays working on course material.
Direct patient care: No
Consent Requirement: Open to student scheduling
Course Objectives: By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Gain understanding of general and regional physical examination of the musculoskeletal system, including using special clinical examination techniques pertinent to the field of Sports Medicine.
- Use proper terminology to describe signs and symptoms of common sports injuries.
- Learn appropriate treatment for common Sports Medicine conditions.
- Students will submit a brief final assignment demonstrating assimilation of material.
Grading Scale: P/N