Sports Medicine (Virtual)
This is a 2 week, independent study in topics relating to Sports Medicine. This online elective will include directed musculoskeletal exam review using EBM, case study review, and power point presentations on a variety of topics.
This elective should be considered a supplement to, and not a replacement of FMCH 7537.
Sites: OL: Online learning
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode:
- Students are expected to spend 4 hours per day on weekdays working on course material.
Direct patient care: No
Consent Requirement: Open to student scheduling
Course Objectives: By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Gain understanding of general and regional physical examination of the musculoskeletal system, including using special clinical examination techniques pertinent to the field of Sports Medicine.
- Use proper terminology to describe signs and symptoms of common sports injuries.
- Learn appropriate treatment for common Sports Medicine conditions.
- Students will submit a brief final assignment demonstrating assimilation of material.
Grading Scale: P/N