USMLE Step 2CK Structured Preparation Course
Catalog description: In this independent study course, students will engage in full-time review for their national USMLE Step 2CK examination. Although the components of the course are designed for self-directed learning, students will have the opportunity for regular knowledge check ins and for one-on-one meetings with learner development staff on an as-needed basis. The focus of the course is to provide students with a systematic preparation approach to attain an optimal passing score outcome. Specifically, students will:
- Work with the Office of Learner Development (OLD) to create and submit a study plan based on the C-Q-A model [template to be provided]
- Submit weekly progress reports based on the C-Q-A process to track progress toward goal outcome.
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery mode: Variable independent study
Direct patient care: No
Consent requirement: Open to student scheduling. The course coordinator/director have waived permission to late add the course. If you would like to add this course after the add/drop deadline, you can request it through the Schedule Change Request Form.
Course objectives: To successfully complete this course, students will be able to do the following for USMLE Step 2CK preparation:
- Identify strengths, deficiencies, and limits in one's knowledge and expertise (PBLI1).
- Set learning and improvement goals (PBLI2).
- Incorporate feedback into daily practice (PBLI5).
Graded components: The course is graded on participation only. A passing grade is obtained by completing all of the requirements including submission of a study plan, weekly submission of study progress, and completion of two self-assessments.
Grading scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience: N/A
Course evaluation: MedHub