VALUE Medical Subspecialty
Catalog Description: VALUE LIC students will spend the equivalent of 4 weeks working longitudinally with a medical subspecialist preceptor. This course is being offered as an alternative to the existing INMD 7325 (Surgical Subspecialty) elective for those who wish to pursue more time in a medical subspecialty.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Arranged
Course Objectives: By the end of the course, students will be able to obtain subspecialty-focused history and exam, describe indications for specialty specific testing or procedures, recognize indications for referral, and facilitate effective communication between primary care or referring providers and specialty consultants.
Graded Components: Clinical performance
Grading Scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: Yes, limited to VALUE students
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub
Additional Courses in This Program:
- INMD 7310 (VALUE Internal Medicine)
- INMD 7312 (VALUE Psychiatry)
- INMD 7313 (VALUE Neurology)
- INMD 7314 (VALUE Acting Internship Primary Care)
- INMD 7317 (VALUE QI/Interprofessional Patient Care)
- INMD 7319 (VALUE Radiology)
- INMD 7320 (VALUE Specialty Choice Elective)
- INMD 7324 (VALUE Essentials of Surgery)
- INMD 7325 (VALUE Surgical Subspecialty)