VALUE Surgical Subspecialty
Catalog Description: Students will spend 4 weeks on surgical subspecialty services. This may be a 4 week experience on 1 subspecialty or two 2 week experiences, depending on the site. Clinic, consultation service and OR experiences will be available.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Arranged
Course Objectives: By the completion of the rotation, students will be able to evaluate surgical patients, participate in the operative procedure, and recognize post operative complications.
Graded Components: Clinical performance
Grading Scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: Yes, limited to VALUE students
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub
Additional Courses in This Program:
- INMD 7310 (VALUE Internal Medicine)
- INMD 7312 (VALUE Psychiatry)
- INMD 7313 (VALUE Neurology)
- INMD 7314 (VALUE Acting Internship Primary Care)
- INMD 7317 (VALUE QI/Interprofessional Patient Care)
- INMD 7319 (VALUE Radiology)
- INMD 7320 (VALUE Specialty Choice Elective)
- INMD 7324 (VALUE Essentials of Surgery)
- INMD 7330 (VALUE Medical Subspecialty)