FLIIC Acting Internship Primary Care
Catalog Description: This clinical curriculum takes place longitudinally throughout the duration of FLIIC. Students work directly with primary care preceptors in the MHealth Fairview Eagan Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Clinic. Special emphasis is given to care by interdisciplinary teams. In addition students will work on a longitudinal systems project within the outpatient realm of MHealth Fairview.
View site addresses by clicking on the site name below or visiting the site codes table.
|MF-1026||M Health Fairview Clinic - Eagan|
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Arranged
- Apply the principles of Primary Care: person- and family-centered; comprehensive and equitable; collaborative and coordinated; accessible and high-value. Demonstrate understanding of the role of primary care within a healthcare team
- Demonstrate competency in history taking, physical examination, communication with providers and patients, and critical thinking skills.
- Gather information, formulate differential diagnoses, and propose plans for the initial evaluation and management of patients with common acute presentations.
- Manage follow-up visits for patients with common chronic diseases.
- Individualize evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention plans for patients of all ages. Use this knowledge to counsel patients on common screening tests.
- Recognize the value of multidisciplinary care and services available to patients. Incorporate this knowledge into individual patient plans.
- Hone skills to be an advocate for patients and their communities within health systems at a local, system, state, and national level.
- Develop reflective practices necessary for success as a life-long independent learner both within and outside of medicine.
- Clinical assessments by the primary preceptors and other health care professionals within the clinical practice.
- Participation in regularly scheduled FLIIC didactic sessions, which includes assigned student driven content such as modules, case presentations, advocacy projects, and reflective practice.
- Active participation in interprofessional education projects.
Grading Scale: P/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: Limited to FLIIC students
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub
Additional Courses in This Program: