Basic Tips for Student Borrowers
- Be knowledgeable about sources of financial assistance and the processes of applying to these programs.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, bank regulations, or loan terms that affect each borrower.
- Be certain of the deadlines and make every effort to meet them.
- Be responsible for accurately and completely filling out applications for FAFSA, scholarship programs, and service programs. Careless handling of these documents could create problems that are both costly and might impose time delays.
- The Medical School has several need-based financial aid programs. You will be offered financial aid from these programs only if complete, detailed, and documented information is provided. Timeliness is important.
- Additional documentation is frequently necessary in order to receive financial aid.
- If you believe there are extenuating circumstances that would affect the amount of your financial aid offer, please contact a counselor in the Medical School Financial Aid Office.
- The Medical School Financial Aid Office also offers financial counseling, planning, and assistance with budgeting and debt management.
Contact Medical Education