Students in HYBRID progress through a HYBRID lane with their required clerkships in block format but do so at one site: Hennepin County Medical Center. HYBRID also offers longitudinal elective credits in health advocacy, poverty, trauma informed care, and others.
Clerkships Included in HYBRID:
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine (typically happens at a non-Hennepin Healthcare site)
- Additional layer of on-site coordinator and physician support/guidance from HYBRID team
- Single orientation/onboarding to site
- Saves time/stress of learning new locations, systems, etc.
- Creates learning community amongst students
- Warm handoffs of rotations (tips from students that just finished)
- Electives (flex blocks) can be done anywhere