The online application will not allow you to save your progress as you complete the application, please use this sample application to gather your information so it is easier for you to enter it all at once into the final application
- Requests will NOT be considered by the Flexible MD Oversight Committee until receipt of a FULLY COMPLETED application (including all required statements attached to the application, see two bullet points below)
- Students participating in a RESEARCH experience are REQUIRED to attach a letter to their application from their research preceptor or mentor acknowledging that they approve of you participating in this research experience and that they have reviewed your goals and are prepared to guide you and help you achieve those goals (see application for full instructions and place to attach the letter)
- ALL applicants are REQUIRED to attach a letter / statement to their application from their Faculty Advisor (all students years 1-4 on TC campus must receive statement from their TC advisor, all year 1 and 2 students currently on DU campus must receive statement from their DU advisor) stating that they have reviewed your proposed experience and goals with you and that they approve and support you pursuing this experience (see application for full instructions and place to attach the letter / statement)
Application Submission Process:
If interested in pursuing a Flexible MD, here are your next steps:
- PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR FINAL APPLICATION - Complete a draft application
- MEET WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR AND FINANCIAL AID - Please visit their appointment calendar and select one of the "Flex MD Appointment" slots to set this up. You will meet with both at the same time, so you only need to select a single appointment slot. At this meeting they will review your draft application, offer feedback and go over financial aid and other scheduling options. *
- UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION - Make adjustments to your application based on feedback from your Academic Advisor.
- SUBMIT FINAL APPLICATION
* DU students: Although you do not yet have a TC Academic Advisor please still select a time from the appointment calendar. For this required meeting an Academic Advisor will coordinate a phone call or video meeting.
At each meeting, the Flexible MD Overview Committee will review applications/proposals for experiences that begin during the next upcoming semester.
|FOR EXPERIENCES STARTING:||SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR:|
Senior year: Spring semester**
|Spring semester||October meeting*|
|Summer semester||March meeting*|
*For exact meeting dates, contact Scott Davenport, firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Applications from fourth year students will not be accepted after the June Committee meeting of their fourth year. Applications will not be accepted from senior students after residency match.