The Rural Observation Experience (ROE) is a 2-3 day shadowing experience with a rural family physician. Students see first-hand the rewards and challenges of rural medicine.
Any incoming first-year medical student at the University of Minnesota Medical School, Twin Cities campus, may apply. There are no prerequisites and all students who apply will be placed (depending on ROE site availability).
- May 23 - Application opens
- June 19 - Student applications due/Application closes
- July 7 - Students will be matched/notified after the application closes, all site placements announced by July 7
- July 13 - Virtual Orientation, noon-1pm (*Must attend orientation to participate in ROE)
- July 18 - August 11 - Timeframe for your 2-3 day shadowing experience
- Moose Lake*
- Sleepy Eye*
- St. Croix Falls, WI**
- Redwood Falls*
- Lake City*
- Long Prairie*