Get Help Now
Duluth Campus Resources
Duluth Campus Student Affairs:
Dr. Robin Michaels, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Student Life and Academic Affairs
Office phone - 218-726-8872
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
On the UMD Campus:
UMD Student Health (for healthcare, personal and grief counseling and counseling for referral to Boynton Telepsychiatric Services
Phone - 218-726-7913
615 Niagara Ct, Duluth, MN
In the Community:
Emergency: Call 911
Arrowhead Regional Crisis Line (Crisis Line - First call for help) at 844-772-4724 or
U of M Crisis Line at 612-301-4673 or text UMN to 61222
Birch Tree Crisis Line (24 hr)
Women's Resource & Action Center
St. Luke's Emergency Department
St Lukes Building A
1012 E. 2nd Street, 2nd floor
Duluth, MN 55805
Essentia Health - St Mary's Medical Center
407 East 3rd Street Duluth, MN 55805
I Need Help with Health Care Needs
- Consulting on strategies to provide access and inclusion;
- Determining and implementing reasonable academic, workplace, and guest accommodations;
- Partnering with University offices to support meaningful physical and technological access.
I Need Help with My Mental Health
For urgent mental health needs during business hours, contact Boynton Mental Health or Student Counseling Services
For urgent needs after hours, if you feel you might harm yourself or others, or if this is an emergency, please do one or more of the following immediately:
- Call 911
- Call the 24/7 crisis line at 612-301-4673
- Text "UMN" to 61222
- Call the National Suicide Hotline - 1-800-SUICIDE
- [Duluth] Birch Tree Center
- Telephone: 218-623-1800
- Address: 4720 Burning Tree Rd, Duluth, MN 55811
- Birch Tree Center is a community and regional collaboration providing mobile crisis services and residential crisis stabilization to adults experiencing a mental health crisis or emergency.
- Access M Health Fairview Southdale's EmPATH (Emergency Psychiatric Assessment, Treatment, and Healing) Mental Health Unit
- Telephone: 952-924-2888
- Access EmPATH services by checking in through the Fairview Southdale Emergency Room:
- Address: 6401 France Ave. S., Edina, MN 55435
- EmPATH reimagines emergency mental health care by offering patients in crisis immediate access to a team of mental health experts in a calming, therapeutic environment.
- Go to Fairview Riverside Behavioral Emergency Center
- Telephone: 612-672-6600
- Location: 2450 Riverside Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55454
- The Behavioral Emergency Center staff provides emergency care, assessment and referrals for people of all ages in a behavioral crisis related to either mental health or substance abuse. The center is located on the Riverside campus of the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview. Patients check-in through the Emergency Department.
- Contact Hennepin County Acute Psychiatric Services
- 612-873-3161 (24 hrs/7 days a week)
- Suicide Hotline (612) 873-2222
- HCMC's Acute Psychiatric Services center serves those in emotional crisis with 24-hour, seven-day-a-week crisis counseling, assessment, and referral.
- Contact Ramsey County Adult Mental Health
- Ramsey County directly provides emergency services through the Adult Mental Health Crisis Unit. The crisis unit provides phone and outreach services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Walk-in crisis services are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health.
Non-Urgent Mental Health Resources
Nearby Community Health Resources:
I Need Help with Professional or Academic Coaching
How do I get connected with the Director of Clinical Coaching?
Reach out to your Academic Advisor. They can refer you to the Director of Clinical Coaching and make that connection so you can set up an appointment. You may also receive an email invitation to meet.